Buying in the UK from another country

androider7

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
I read on here about someone from the UK who bought a Note 5 from an eBay seller based in America who sources the phones from Singapore.

Is it possible to do this and manage to use the phone on UK networks without any problems as if you bought the phone from a shop here? Region locks sound like an issue, and maybe there are other things I haven't thought about.

Is doing this a sensible idea or are there a whole host of problems with it?

The specific network I'm thinking about is giffgaff.

usman khushnood

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
No.problems at all. I am in uk using it on Vodafone and it works great i bought mine in pakistan when i ws there on holiday. The model number u would want to get in UK is 920C it works on all networks and all 4g bands.
About network lock. U need to confirm that with your seller. But most of them on ebay come unlocked.

Posted via the Android Central App

androider7

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the helpful advice.

Is that model basically the 32GB single SIM one?

Do you know anything about the SM-N920i? 64GB wouldn't be bad for the price.

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
As above

920C or 920CD if you want dual sim capability; both will work on all UK networks inc LTE/4G

A few of us, inc myself, have used imobile_uk or t-dimension on eBay UK to buy their Note 5 and both chip from within the UK, ask no import fees etc

usman khushnood

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
N920C comes in both 32 and 64 gb. I have personally got N920C dual which is also known as N920CD (32gb) it's the same as 'c' but dual sim version. Like Dan mentioned if you get 'c' variant it will cover all the uk and european networks.
I know that on N920i Vodafone 4g wont work. And i am sure o2 is the same. So for some networks n920i will be fully functional. But not on all.of them im not too sure about giffgaff but i think its the same as o2.
Ideally try finding n920c even if ur network does support n920i 4g because in the future if u have to sell it in uk there wont be amy problems.

androider7

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
Thank you all for the support.

So I looked at the shops recommended, from t-dimension-us it says that it comes from Hong Kong, and I might need to pay VAT. Did you say there was a way around it?

The other recommended seller has no listings right now so I will probably stick with this one.

Also what would be the difference if I bought from the American seller I saw recommended on another thread?

usman khushnood

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
Yes or u can just use a normal 99p otg cable to connect any if ur flash drives that u already have.

Try getting hold of the 64 gb though. But if u cant thn trust me its nt the end of the world u have other external storage options.

Like otg card readers or otg usb flash drives.

androider7

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
Do any other reliable sellers have them from from countries like Singapore and UAE so they will come with a UK plug socket charger?

That way I can get it fully sealed with all the factory cables and booklets in the box.

The seller I found from Texas sells the phones all in box sealed and unopened with booklets and everything but not sure if it comes with a UK plug charger.

The t-dimension store gives you a power adapter based on your region but it says:

"What's in the box
Samsung Galaxy Note 5 N920C Single Sim 4G 32GB Black
A Power Cord/Travel Adaptor"

Sounds like this one isn't coming in original box, no booklets, and has obviously been opened.

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
They come boxed, not always sealed, but they'll have everything in there that should be in there (booklet, cable and original charger)

You'll probably get a bog standard charger adapter, which for me, I binned and bought this: Aukey Quick Charge 3.0 18W USB Wall Charger for Galaxy: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

It's a brilliant charger and uber-fast!

Both t-dimension and imobile_uk are respected sellers and a lot of folk have bought their Note 5 from them and no issues to report!

:)

PP763

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Fonis.com/uk. N920C 2 day shipping from dubai and everything is sealed with stickers intact. 32 and 64gb versions available

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781