Mic problems microphone problems

bigste63

Feb 9, 2016
Visit site
When I talk to people sometimes they can't here me off and on. It comes and goes. They here a static sound sometimes. Or they say it sounds like I'm putting my fingers over the mic. Love this phone but this sucks.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does this happen on speakerphone or wired/Bluetooth headsets as well? If not, then you can narrow the problem down to the phone's primary mic. Is the phone in a case? Make sure the case (or anything else) isn't blocking the primary mic or the secondary mic (which is used for noise cancellation, and is right next to the camera lens).

bigste63

Feb 9, 2016
Visit site
My phone is naked I've had it for 8 days when I put speaker phone on it works fine no problems it's when I hold my phone to my ear the problem happens. I've not tried Bluetooth yet.but I will.

bigste63

Feb 9, 2016
Visit site
I visited the Verizon store today after telling them all the problems I was having they did acknowledge that sometimes the noise cancelling microphone does not work right and apparently that was the problem so they gave me a new phone because I was within my 14 days of my purchase if not then I guess they give you a refurbished phone . when I would use speakerphone this problem would not happen and that's because the noise cancellation does not work on speaker phone. My new phone Is fine so far, it's also from a different batch of phones. Anyway thank you for your help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL