No SIM notification

Bowzback

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
I couple of times this week my phone has said no SIM and would not work until I restarted it. Anyone else have this problem

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That can happen if the SIM tray is loose or, sometimes, if the phone overheats (none of which are normal and may warrant an exchange). It can also mean that your SIM card is defective, so here are a few things you can try before returning the device.
1) Change SIMs. This would be my first attempt, but not sure if your carrier would want to charge you for a new one.
2) Clean the SIM tray and port with compressed air to make sure there isn't any dust or particles causing trouble. Do this with your phone turned off.
3) You can try adding 'pressure' to the SIM card by inserting a SLIM piece of cardboard on top of the plastic part (not the side where the metal contacts are). Do this at your own risk! Before, when the tray was with the battery it was easier to do, but now that it's a SIM tray that's inserted there's a higher risk of getting things 'stuck'. So you've been warned!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34