Note 5 Acting Strangely...Asking For Help Please

mcoomer

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
My Note 5 began acting strangely yesterday, with frequent popups telling me it wasn't charging and it had located my position. It would do this and beep many times a minute. It would also occasionally pop up a prompt to setup Gear VR. I did a very quick search and found that some other folks had seen this and it seemed that most who had simply followed the setup prompts had their phones return to normal order. I did that and mine has not. I've also tried wiping the cache partition. Still getting the popups. I have not done a full data reset and would like to avoid that. Normally I wouldn't mind, but just not now.

So, I need some help. I've just had throat surgery Friday to remove a cancerous growth and I can't talk or drive (pain meds) so going to Verizon for help is going to be difficult at best. I need to know if anyone has experienced this and what they did to absolutely resolve it. Would someone that reads this please help me by doing some searching and see if you can find anything on this. I'm going to do the same but I'm prone to losing concentration and falling asleep at the moment. Any help in resolving this is greatly appreciated.

And now...gratuitous pics of my newest scar. I shall name it Quato. On the bright side, they took my tonsils out as well and now I can eat all the ice cream I want and not get the stink eye from my wife. Phone is harshing that buzz!

Big Incision.jpg

mcoomer

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Just did a chat with Samsung and they had me go to Safe Mode. Nothing happened for a short while but then I received a number of pop ups in quick succession. They're last bit of input was that I need to do a data reset. Not happy that they didn't have an answer for why this problem started as soon as the Samsung VR pop ups started. They also couldn't tell me why the VR pop ups started in the first place. Not exactly thrilled with Samsung at the moment.

zorian99

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
this exact thing happened to me....best i could figure was it was hardware failure in the connector where you plug it in....Took it to verizon and they overnighted me a new note 5.....dunno if that helps but basically just have to return it and get a replacement

pinkvikchick

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
GOD I LOVE THIS FORUM!!! I love the pic, get well soon! Jealous about the ice cream...other than that I have no relevant information to give...

mcoomer

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
this exact thing happened to me....best i could figure was it was hardware failure in the connector where you plug it in....Took it to verizon and they overnighted me a new note 5.....dunno if that helps but basically just have to return it and get a replacement

Connector failure would be disappointing because I almost never use it. I have a wireless charger next to the bed and an iOttie wireless in the truck. Only time I plug it in is when I travel. Still, if it keeps acting up...

mcoomer

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Just did the data reset and had barely gotten the phone back on and the messages started popping up again. Looks like I've got a hardware problem.

mcoomer

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Called Verizon, explained my problem, what steps I'd taken with Samsung during my chat with them, and they are sending me a new phone. They couldn't explain to me why the Samsung VR setup kept popping up on the phone. Oh well, new phone inbound.

Mike

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance