carrier locked ?

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Was given a note 5 from a friend and they switched to sprint from tmobile and the phone is carrier locked. I put my verizon sim in it and cant get it unlocked. Is there a way without paying a fee ?

Posted via the Android Central App

waazzupppp

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm about 112% sure that a T-Mobile Note will not work on VZW... The reverse will work, VZW to TMO, but not the way you're going. You could unlock it legally with TMO by having service with them for 3 months (even prepaid) but most unlock companies can no longer get codes fromantic TMO due to the fact that so many people bailed on their payment plans and tried to take devices to other MVNOS and carriers.

I think the current policy is 2 months of post paid service or 3 months of prepaid. Either way, it's about $100 on the lower end to do it.

pinkvikchick

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
T-Mobile uses GSM phones- so he had a GSM phone go onto Sprint (CDMA)...I don't know how he got that to work. You've got a T-Mobile (GSM) phone and trying to use it on Verizon (CDMA) which isn't supposed to work, but he got it to work... so I'm really confused.

waazzupppp

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
And an IMEI number that their system will take... and even then, if you could slip a TMO IMEI into a Verizon system, you'd only get one band of LTE coverage, so VoLTE coverage only and no firmware updates OTA and no carrier support. Not a good scenario at all.

I'm still going with it won't work... 112% sure...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21