Note 5 Facebook Widget gone - How do I get it back?

gmoproA

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site
Re: Note 5 Facebook Widget gone

I just noticed this was gone today on my HTC phone. Not listed in my widgets so I replaced it with an email widget. Did Facebook squash this? I kinda liked it as a quick check on FB without gettin fully sucked in.

Chandra Prabu

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
As many people suggested here, uninstalling the updates bring the widget back...but the original app that preinstalled in the phone is very old.
As I have enabled auto-updates via Wifi, fb updates itself automatically when it is connected to my home wifi. The result - the widget disappeared again.

I use Galaxy Note 5. I've planned to write to facebook. I will post their suggestion later. In between, If any one has figured out, please let me know. Thanks guys.

momofmany1

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
Same here on Samsung Note 4 for facebook widget and paypal widget. Not stored on SD card. I really hope this isn't the beginning of the app world trying to make us all look like iphones with icon click throughs only. Widgets is one of the big reasons I am pro-Android!

gmoproA

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site
I just replaced it with a different widget.. an email widget. Not bad. Just another way to notice email i guess. No idea where the FB app went, but i am not wasting time trying to figure that one out.