Where to copy files to? AKA where the heck is the SD card?

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi there,

I realize that there is no sim card I can slide into my Note 5 but it was my (mis?)understanding that at least there was one in built into the phone since it's a 32GB device. However, when I plug it into my PC I can only see Phone and it's sub-folders. If I put my own Ringtones in the Ringtones folder under the main Phone folder my phone doesn't ring no matter what ringtone I choose.

I have backups that were saved to the Phone folder on my Note 3 where I had a Phone folder and a Card folder. I copied some of these over to the Phone folder on my Note 5 but it won't find them.

So where the heck do I put "my stuff" ??????? in the Phone folder so I can get at them, get my stuff back and have things work right?

Thanks,
Deb

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When you connect to the computer via USB, swipe down the notification panel, tap the USB icon, and make sure it's set to MTP. Now use Windows Explorer open the Note5 device that appears in the device list--what folders do you see?

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I think I may see the dilemma. In the Phone settings, went to add Ringtones, but the options are to browse my Music folder. Great that I can add a song as a ringtone, but I have no way to browse to the Ringtones folder from the Phone\Settings\Ringtone and keypad tones. When in the "My Files" app on the phone, going to Device Storage\Ringtones shows the two ogg files for Hangouts.

Miami1683

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Just use zedge and download from there it's easy. However put your ring tones in the music folder and it "should" work. In theory that is .. I've never tried

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I've now tried Side Sync but that doesn't give me the phone's SD card either :( even when I click on Internal Storage.

Tried sliding one of my ringtones into Music as suggested above, didn't work. I have like 30+ ringtones and really don't want to have to upload each and every one using the "add ringtone" option :(

Didn't think the lack of a user's own SD card as a problem for me before I bought this but I sure have my doubts now. Hopefully, someone will have a solution soon.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I tried this and my ringtones do work, they also work in the Music folder, thank you. Not sure either is correct as when I first look into the Notification folder, there is only one notification and I *know* there are lots more than that so not sure I'm putting them in the right place.

Devin Doucet

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
This is the location where my made ringtones and notifications are stored, they work for me every time. The preloaded ones are not stored here. I'm not sure if these folders were here all along or if they were created when I made a ringtone and notification with ringdroid app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC