Note 5 Marshmallow Update! (Not US)

lyingfromyou

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Let us know if you have it yet and how you like it!!! (location optional)

Is the Marshmallow update hitting devices soon or is it off to the carriers to be bloated??

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
It's not out in the US still... You should have not have put that for the title of the thread, because it is very misleading. It is only out in Cambodia and just got released a couple days ago. We will have it within the next month or 2 for sure, unless you're on Verizon like me. In that case I'll be waiting another year 😂😂

Posted via the Android Central App

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Re: Note 5 Marshmallow Update! (North America)

I moved to AT&T from Verizon. What are the updates like on AT&T?

smalba

May 2, 2013
Visit site

No way we wait until April. My guess is we'll start seeing it in the next few weeks unless you're on Verizon.

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site

I moved to AT&T from Verizon. What are the updates like on AT&T?

Pretty bad. Though Verizon isn't much better from what I've heard. Usually get updates about 2-3 months after first us carrier to release that said update..

Samsung galaxy note 5 32GB
Running 5.1.1
On AT&T

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

I found this and thought it was interesting. Until I realized that I don't have one of the "select devices".

Note: I'm not that BJ guy. I just found this when searching Twitter for an update about the update.

Attachments

• 14047.jpg
    14047.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 282

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
If you are on Vetizon plan on Marshmallow about 1 or 2 months prior to the release of the Note 6.

Samsung, you like to be so much like Apple. Well here one page you should take from the Apple playbook: By pass the carriers and update your phones directly, at least for you flagship phones.

Last edited:

Collin Carter1

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site

I have the Note 5, 32gb with T-mobile. Any idea as to when they will have it or is it all just going to happen at once.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site

Each carrier is different. What i want you know is what benefits are there over lollipop

athomas917

May 27, 2013
Visit site

Isn't there a firmware somewhere that we can just sideload? I had this problem with Blackberry and I never wanted for a carrier released update.

Insurgent-Naqi

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site

I installed a fresh new software from Samsung Smartswitch? Will my phone get qualify for update?
2nd question: When will Bell bring Marshmallow to note 5?

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

Isn't there a firmware somewhere that we can just sideload? I had this problem with Blackberry and I never wanted for a carrier released update.

My understanding is that Verizon Note 5s are bootloader locked, so root/ROM are not possible. Some of the other US or international variants may be able to support custom ROMs.

wrich2005

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site

Each carrier is different. What i want you know is what benefits are there over lollipop
App permissions for one. IE granting location access to chrome but not to Facebook etc. In every app. Native fingerprint support. Android doze which is a great feature to extend battery life... There's more but those are the more important ones

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site

App permissions for one. IE granting location access to chrome but not to Facebook etc. In every app. Native fingerprint support. Android doze which is a great feature to extend battery life... There's more but those are the more important ones

Thanks for the info.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams