Android Marshmallow on Note 5 - Has anyone upgraded to it yet?

rfmike

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Re: Android Marshmallow on Note 5

There's nothing on the Verizon Note 5 yet.

Posted via the Android Central App

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
This is taking forever to get out. Either Marshmallow is significant and putting up a fight for Samsung, or Samsung is getting cheap and lazy(er) with updating their phones. Note 5 is a flagship, and less than a year old and still hasn't received a single major OS upgrade. That's pretty awful.

I feel like I've been here on this very same road with numerous phone manufacturers over the last 6 years. First Motorola, then HTC, now Samsung. It's all the same crap. I guess I can blame Verizon too, since they are notoriously awful at keeping their devices up to date. But with a phone this brand new, I think the blame lies with the phone OEM.

TLDR - screw both Verizon and Samsung for being slow as molasses when it comes to updating their devices.

wilmad

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
My daughter has an lg g4 on Verizon, she got the update to 6.0 marshmallow last weekend. I still don't have it on my note 5 with Sprint.

ZDriver

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Learned my lesson also, next purchase will probably be a Nexus. I'll miss the stylus but oh well...

gbdog

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Anyone has upgraded note 5 to Android Marshmallow?

Is there any issue? Is the battery life longer/ shorter?

Theres about 200 lucky AT&T users rocking it....Its running just ,fine men management is a lot better and doze loses between .5 - 1% per hour over nite...Well thats what I here anyway ;)

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Between Samsung's theme engine and OS customization, will anyone notice a huge difference once the update is released? I want the newest OS just as much as the next person, but usually find myself being letdown from all the hype once the update is finally rolled out.
Then, there will be a thread on how the marshmallow update ruined their previously perfect phone.
I just hope the update is bug-free.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Between Samsung's theme engine and OS customization, will anyone notice a huge difference once the update is released? I want the newest OS just as much as the next person, but usually find myself being letdown from all the hype once the update is finally rolled out.
Then, there will be a thread on how the marshmallow update ruined their previously perfect phone.
I just hope the update is bug-free.
Exactly. I don't understand the rush to get it. My Note 5 does all I need it to and does it smoothly and without issues. I will take it when it comes but I hope it doesn't mess with the experience I have right now.

DsM

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I've been through probably 15 Android phones (and, yes, I know there are many others who have used more devices) and I have never seen an improvement by way of as OS update. Never. Usually the opposite.

I dred Marshmallow and as far as I can tell the touted doze feature requires that the phone be completely motionless. Perhaps I wrong on this but if that's the case my battery will never benefit.

I understand the desire for the best and newest. Then get a new phone that has fully integrated the new operating system. All I ever get is the need to do a factory reset. And that doesn't include the occasional loss of favorite features as when Samsung/Google completely screwed my ability to easily block calls except from designated numbers.

This is not the rant of someone adverse to change. I even like TouchWiz because of all the crazy settings. But as previously noted I'm tired of resetting my phone without appreciable gain.