need help on Note 5 mobile data high usage

maryprox

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
Hi all,

Need help to advise any setting that i can reduce the mobile data? for the past 3 months my mobile data had been more than 2GB+ even though during home or office, i am using wifi connection... my data plan is 2GB under starhub but always exceed more that the usage. i only surfing FB and youtube. Nothing much can caused so much data usage for these 3 months. Please kindly advise for any setting or any issue if you guys are using Note 5 with high data usage.

Etc:

G Total Local Data Usage 2GB 960MB 320KB
Free Bundled Data 2GB 198MB 198KB
Payable Data Usage 0GB 762MB 122KB $10.0000

Thx&Rgds
MaRyPr0X

usman khushnood

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
Youtube eats data like no other. U need to cut down using youtube on mobile data.
You can go to ur data usage and figure out whats been using ur data mostly. Likely it would be youtube. Fb is ok as long as u dont watch a lot of videos on there.

Other things u can take care of is your auto back ups in play store and other apps like Dropbox and one drive kind of apps you can set them to work on wifi only.
But have a look in ur data usage and see whats been eating ur data more.

Love my Note 5

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Which apps are using most data? You can check this in settings - network connection - data usage. You could post a screenshot with this information so it could be easier for us to help you.

athomas917

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Any app that uses video streaming is going to eat data. That includes Netflix, Hulu, Amazon video as well. My advice is to use wifi whenever available and in 2016 it's dam near everywhere. Gotta updape or install large or lots of apps, go to McDonald's or your local library. At home, shut off mobile data and rely on wifi.

Posted via the Android Central App

jl1959

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
I have t-mobile which helps with YouTube and streaming,no data charges.But I've always shut off my data before go to sleep because off show much background use by alot of apps.The data savings adds up.
Just a thought but any thing that helps save.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781