Note 5 email lock screen, how can I get in without a password?

A

AC Question

Note 5 email lock screen

got the phone for a friend. she switch to a iphone now she doesn't remember the password for the email and im stuck with a note 5 and email lock, I factory reset it and nothing

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Note 5 email lock screen

I would try to find a good hypnotherapist to help your friend remember the password.

Or have your friend contact the carrier, some will do a warranty repair.

Otherwise you are out of luck

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: Note 5 email lock screen

Are you trying to read her email?

Probably not the case. If you do a factory reset on the Note 5 then you will only be able to log in with the gmail account that was first setup on the phone. Once logged in you can then say you're transferring ownership to another person. This is a result of California law passed last year that requires stolen phones to be rendered useless to a thief.

Devin Doucet

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Probably not the case. If you do a factory reset on the Note 5 then you will only be able to log in with the gmail account that was first setup on the phone. Once logged in you can then say you're transferring ownership to another person. This is a result of California law passed last year that requires stolen phones to be rendered useless to a thief.

Great info, I had no idea. So, is that only true in California then? I guess if your selling your phone you need to factory reset, then log in again and transfer ownership and then reset again?

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Can't you just flash stock firmware back with Odin or some other tool? I would imagine this is what carriers do with trade-in's, etc.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haileyroyer67