Why is my storage disappearing?

irishsaraphina

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
Why is my storage disappearing

About a month ago, I was informed by my phone that I had no open storage. I have had the 32GB Note 5 for 3 months at that point. In no way I have filled it. (I had my LG G3 for 2 years and never even got close to filling it.) After deleting pictures, apps, etc it would still tell me I had no storage. Finally 3 weeks ago I did a factory reset. The phone reinstalled some apps and I was good at 80%. Day after day the storage has gone down rapidly until today I'm at 3% and can do nothing. I don't understand what's going on. I'm not a huge gamer, I have about 100 pics on my phone. Basically I haven't done much the past 3 weeks. In addition to the low storage, now everything keeps crashing. This didn't happen last time. I thought I'd check here for any help before doing another factory reset. I have a couple of screenshots, but basically it says that images, videos, audio and documents take up a fraction of the space (not even a quarter) and the rest is "other". Please help with any advice. Thanks!

Last edited:

waazzupppp

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I've found a few Apps that really love to stick crap in the background and not be very noticeable...

First off my Outlook App was over a half GB in size and it was all 'data' in the App list. It is a 50MB App that was taking up 10 times that space because of the non-synced "Trash" folder. It had 1300 emails in it and as soon as I deleted them from the phone the App returned to normal.

Then I found disabled Apps chewed up a ton of space and went unnoticed by the OS. By enabling them, uninstalling updates and then disabling them again, it cleared another half GB of storage.

Little hidden guys like that kill me... Right now it's the Samsung Text To Speech App that is growing out past a 1/2 GB again. Not sure if I want to clear it or keep letting it get bigger, but I try not to let them get that big to start with.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance