Solution to Amazon Apps - 505 Error

pteezay

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Everyone experiencing issues with Amazon apps needs to try updating the Audible app first, the others will update thereafter. If you are like me and disabled it, re-enable, update, update other Amazon apps, then disable Audible again. Fixed my problems, hopefully it'll solve yours too! May not cover 100% of people's issues, but for 99% of us, this should work. :cool:

Last edited:

pteezay

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
No worries my friend. Love this site for that very feeling! Don't know how many times I've been helped here. Glad to give back.

Dragonchi1971

Jul 2, 2016
Visit site
Everyone experiencing issues with Amazon apps needs to try updating the Audible app first, the others will update thereafter. If you are like me and disabled it, re-enable, update, update other Amazon apps, then disable Audible again. Fixed my problems, hopefully it'll solve yours too! May not cover 100% of people's issues, but for 99% of us, this should work. :cool:

This worked perfectly for me! I have the SAMSUNG Note5 SM900V (Verizon) and it wouldn't update for months. I had my Audible app disabled. When I followed your instructions it worked perfectly. Thanks!

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
This worked perfectly for me! I have the SAMSUNG Note5 SM900V (Verizon) and it wouldn't update for months. I had my Audible app disabled. When I followed your instructions it worked perfectly. Thanks!

Just remember that if you disable Audible after an update to other Amazon apps, you will have to do it every time there is an update to one of them. Why not just leave Audible on? In my personal experience it doesn't use much if any battery when you are not actively using it to read books and then you don't have to remember the update process.

Giznad

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site

you sir are genius!

CDubNY

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site

Dude, I owe you a few beers! This has been an issue on my phone for most of the year, your advice fixed it immediately. I can't thank you enough!

Jaeguri

Oct 1, 2016
Visit site

Hi pteezay,
Thank you so much.
I had the same problem with my LG G3 but could solve it thanks to you genious solution.
I enabled Audible and then updated this app in Google store and then tried instal the Amazon music prime.
At last, I could instal the Amazon Music app.
Really appreciate!!!

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Thank You so much! Your solution fixed it the First time I tried it. After spending the past 2 days trying various fixes recommended by tech support at Amazon, I'm thrilled it's working again. Thanks again!

Last edited:

Raulkor

Jan 11, 2017
Visit site
Wow. I never would have suspected a disabled app would cause this problem. I never liked the fact that disabling an app kept it from being updated and uninstalled all the updates that had already been applied. Fix my amazon app problem on my LG G3. Kudos @pteezay. I made an account just so I could say thanks. Been bugging me since forever.

Last edited:

pteezay

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Wow. I never would have suspected a disabled app would cause this problem. I never liked the fact that disabling an app kept it from being updated and uninstalled all the updates that had already been applied. Fix my amazon app problem on my LG G3. Kudos @pteezay. I made an account just so I could say thanks. Been bugging me since forever.

I've been helped with many issues on this site and just glad to give back. Glad you appreciate the tip. Pay it forward and help others when you can. One Love!

slicktoptexan

Apr 27, 2017
Visit site

I tried this, tried disabling "verify apps", tried every thing I could find on the first few pages of google search results, with no luck. I finally just googled "prime instant video apk", and downloaded the apk directly to my device. I installed it after the download was complete, and boom, it worked like a charm. Hope this helps someone else!

auntsushi

Apr 29, 2017
Visit site
Thank you for this!! Found this post while on a forty minute troubleshooting call with Google Play - customer support rep had just gotten Samsung on the call with us and I was able to pass this on to them as a solution as well.

CSR for Google Play said she'd never heard of this issue and I read her the OP while she made note of it in their system to help others if the situation arose. She said "Kudos to you for figuring it out".

So I'm passing the KUDOS on, THANK YOU!!!

Simon Osborn

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site

Hi pteezay, I'm running into the same issue with the Huawei P20 Pro, I do not have Audible installed as default, however I installed it to test the fix. Unfortunately the error remains.. Do you have any other suggestions? I have tried the following:

Installing Adobe Air and restarting phone.
Installing Audible and restarting phone.
Installing the latest APK and installing Amazon Music via download rather than Play Store.

Appreciate it may be a long shot as your suggestion seemed to fix the issue for most! :)

bmi1965

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi pteezay, I'm running into the same issue with the Huawei P20 Pro, I do not have Audible installed as default, however I installed it to test the fix. Unfortunately the error remains.. Do you have any other suggestions? I have tried the following:

Installing Adobe Air and restarting phone.
Installing Audible and restarting phone.
Installing the latest APK and installing Amazon Music via download rather than Play Store.

Appreciate it may be a long shot as your suggestion seemed to fix the issue for most! :)

Having same issue for quite a while with all Amazon apps not updating and now won't update a critical update. Audible app fix no bueno for me. Any advice would be helpful.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20