Updated to Marshmallow last night and Waze no longer works

mcoomer

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Title says it all. I checked that Waze is up to date and restarted the phone and app a few times but still no joy. App updated to the new design a couple days ago. Now, all I see is tan background with black spaces for landmarks. No roads and no other Waze symbology. As you can see in the screen cap below, my house shows up but otherwise black and tan. Worked fine yesterday but not today. Anyone else seeing this after updating to Marshmallow?

Mike

Waze.jpg

mcoomer

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Should probably have done this first, but just checked waze.com and they've already got a notice up about blank/empty maps on Android devices. Looks like it's broken for now.

Mike

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I've been using Waze since I updated a week ago. Used it this morning actually. I have had no issues. I'm on Verizon if that makes a difference.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
As mentioned above you should probably uninstall and then go to the Play Store and install the newest version. Save you data of course :p before the installation of the new version.

mcoomer

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm at version 4 on Verizon. May try to reinstall it. I'll do that and report back.

Mike

Posted via the Android Central App

mcoomer

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Uninstalled, powered off, wiped cache, reinstalled, logged in and it works.

Mike

Posted via the Android Central App

Devilsbane

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I upgraded to the S7 last week and installed Waze but never got maps. Closed the app, rebooted the phone, nothing.

Went in today and before uninstalling just tried deleting data. Ran the app and had to sign in and everything again but now it appears to be working. No idea what was happening but a reinstall might be unnecessary. Thanks guys

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa