OK Google says "offline"

Jonathan McElroy

Oct 1, 2016
Visit site
Out of all the options I've read online, this is the only thing that actually worked for me, so thank you for posting this message. I was getting very frustrated because I knew I had a wi-fi connection and my phone carriers connection to boot but I would still receive that message that it was offline, so bravo to you madam or sir and thanks for your post!

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Out of all the options I've read online, this is the only thing that actually worked for me, so thank you for posting this message. I was getting very frustrated because I knew I had a wi-fi connection and my phone carriers connection to boot but I would still receive that message that it was offline, so bravo to you madam or sir and thanks for your post!
Who are you talking about lol

Bluuuuuuue

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
thank you thank you thank you! THIS IS THE ONLY SOLUTION THAT WORKED! I've been without voice searches for over a month now.... the worst part is that I had to drive across country without it, which was the time I needed it the most! I'm very grateful. :) :D

jaxager

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I know this post is a little old. But, there really isn't a lot of results for this issue. I was having this same problem. It just happened out of the blue. I tried clearing the cache in the Google app, I tried installing the Google Now Launcher (I always use Nova Launcher), and a ton of other junk. What fixed it for me was to go into the Google app, tap on the three slashes in the upper left hand corner for settings, opened up the option for my account (*******@gmail.com), and then I chose the option to sign out of my account. Upon signing back into my Google account okay Google started working again. Hope this helps.

hogriderj

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for that post rumplestiltskin. Going into the app, clearing cache, browsing data and initializing Voice once again caused it to work.

Dakota Ryans

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
FOR ALL ANDROID USERS ON 6.0 OR HIGHER!!!!!!!!
Don't mess with settings anymore!!!!!!!!
Very simple fix ..
Options to battery.
Battery to battery optimization.
Scroll down or click "optimized apps”(u should still in battery menu).
Click Google App.
Switch optimization off.
Walla.
Don't mess with s switch or battery saver.
Just simply unoptimize and enjoy.

TheRetailOp

Jan 14, 2017
Visit site
Power Saving mode causes this. In Power Saving settings, you have to turn off "restrict background data".

After trying out so many options that did not work long term this was a simple permanent fix. As soon as I turned off the 'restrict background data' in the 'Battery- More.. ' the offline symbol on Google Now disappeared.

Tom Spellins

Oct 8, 2017
Visit site
I have been going through this a couple weeks now with my 7 Edge. I just noticed that my safe search in my Google settings was off. I turned it on and everything works great

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC