Verizon no sim card

Neal Smith

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Message on my phone this morning said"no sim card present please insert sim card".No signal also so I had to restart and now its not doing it anymore. Should I be concerned?

Posted via the Android Central App

k2ldc10

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I had this problem. Brought it to Costco where I bought it. They pulled the SIM out and put back in. I didn't get the pop up message of no SIM card anymore. However, I also had a problem where everything looked fine (signal bars present) but couldn't get calls, text, or data. Went back and they replaced the SIM. Still had issue, so they replaced the phone (last week). I'm hoping that resolves the issue.

Neal Smith

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Ok I spoke with Verizon and they said probably a bad sim card and they will send another.
Thanks for the replies.

llrjason

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
Note 5 sim errors are very common (I have one that does it myself and have seen many come in for repair). It is a known issue with those devices. It is very, very rare for a sim card itself to be bad. General sim issues- sometimes the pins just aren't making contact well because of grit or who knows, and just removing and replacing the sim causes the pins to move/ re-situate themselves resolving the issue, though that is not usually a fix for the note 5.

Hurleygm

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Same issue. It's a very intermittent problem. Happens once a week then won't happen for a month. Did a hard reset after Marshmallow, but it did it before too. Calling Verizon next time. I'm sure they'll just want to replace the sim.

bobby1204

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I have the same problem, but intermittent. When it happens it does it like twice in a day then it won't happen for about two to three weeks. All I do is restart the phone and everything is fine again.

acles003

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm on T-Mobile. Have never had this message happen until last week one day it randomly popped up and again a few hours ago.

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I had this issue up to a week ago. I called Verizon and they sent me a new Sim card a week ago. I haven't had the issue since then. I also took this opportunity to do a factory reset.