Note 5 random reboots

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Guys need your help. For some odd reason when applying a new theme or holding the power button. The phone will randomly restart for no reason at all. Any help is appreciated thank you

Posted via the Android Central App

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Definitely a Samsung Support Issue. Sounds more likely to be a hardware related issue. If a Factory Reset doesn't help it, then the only option would be to send it in to Samsung for repair. If there is no damage from a drop...they should cover it.

Good Luck!

enveeDROID

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Guys need your help. For some odd reason when applying a new theme or holding the power button. The phone will randomly restart for no reason at all. Any help is appreciated thank you

Posted via the Android Central App

Mine was doing that too, and I feel like it's because I didn't do a factory reset (and still haven't). What's worked for me is setting it to the default theme and then uninstalling every theme on my phone, one by one. Since doing this, I haven't had any problems... and mine was a MESS before I did this; the simplest things would trigger a reboot (like selecting the "share" option on a pic in my gallery, pushing the power or multitasking buttons). It's working perfectly now!

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I've honestly tried to do that but its gotten so bad that i cant do any of that now so I ordered a replacement. THe ***** I spoke to at VZ told me it would be here tomorrow but the tracking is showing Monday. So annoyed !!!! Ugh!! Thanks anyway

ChevalierJLD

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
I had the exact same issue recently. It seemed like the Marshmallow update combined with using various Samsung phone themes from their store made my (non-rooted) Note 5 go absolutely crazy. Power button would automatically reboot the phone, as would the left soft key. I booted in Safe Mode, deleted all the Samsung Themes, and then did the OS cache clear process. No longer rebooting by itself, and the Power and left soft key buttons are both functioning normally. Good to go!

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Glad to see I'm not the only one this happened to. It's a theme problem, I deleted all but a couple themes to fix the problem. Go figure Samsung issues a update and screws up their themes, idiots.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood