wifi automator

Neal Smith

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone recommend a good wifi automator app,one I can just set up and forget about that turnes on wifi at home then turns off when I leave?

Posted via the Android Central App

Neal Smith

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I can't seem to get the tasker wifi automator profile to work on my phone for some reason. Do you have to be rooted for tasker to work?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I can't seem to get the tasker wifi automator profile to work on my phone for some reason. Do you have to be rooted for tasker to work?

No. Root gives extra options, but not needed for the guide I linked. Do you have the secure settings app added as well?

Tayloj92

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
I just today downloaded automate. It had a pre set option for exactly what you wanted (I know this cause that's the reason I was looking for it too) I haven't left the house since I got it set up. But you may look into it. Its a free app.

Neal Smith

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone recommend a good wifi automator app,one I can just set up and forget about that turnes on wifi at home then turns off when I leave?

Ok I got Tasker up and running with a old wifi automator I found a long time ago on tasker wiki.Thanks all of you for the help.

Neal Smith

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

On a similar note does anyone remember if any phones had this already built in feature? I wanna say I had a Motorola razor maxx that would do the wifi automator but I can't remember what the feature was called? Smart something??

carlos12001

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
On a similar note does anyone remember if any phones had this already built in feature? I wanna say I had a Motorola razor maxx that would do the wifi automator but I can't remember what the feature was called? Smart something??

Smart settings on LG v10 and g4, but the pricks at Verizon ripped it out.

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I've got an AT&T version. I still get the Wi-Fi icon in the try...not connected but I interpret it meaning that it is searching/monitoring it. This when I'm not connected to towers. I just DL'd Tasker which I had not been using and programmed in the auto wifi turnoff when away from my home cell tower. Will see what that does to battery life.

TJA3500

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
Connect to your home Wi-Fi and leave it on. When you leave home, it will disconnect and when you return, it will reconnect.
With everything else off, I don't notice any battery drain.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160324-221209.jpg
    Screenshot_20160324-221209.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 20

Neal Smith

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Connect to your home Wi-Fi and leave it on. When you leave home, it will disconnect and when you return, it will reconnect.
With everything else off, I don't notice any battery drain.

This is on a Verizon version?

Neal Smith

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Ok I got Tasker up and running with a old wifi automator I found a long time ago on tasker wiki.Thanks all of you for the help.

Ok the Tasker profile not working so I downloaded app called Automate and it works like a charm, it turns wifi on and connects when at home and disconnects when I'm not at home turns wifi off.

TJA3500

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
This is on a Verizon version?

This is on my Verizon Note 5.
My GSam battery monitor shows that WiFi uses 2 or 3 percent a day so WiFi is still on but not searching for other WiFi connections.
I don't mind using a couple of percent a day in battery usage because I have forgotten to turn Wi-Fi on when I got home and used up a bunch of data.

Brent Fredryk

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I've used Llama for years. Does what your asking, plus many more system features. I mainly use it for WiFi toggle and sound/vibrate toggle when at home and work.