'Enhanced features' causing sms app to crash

Jiriho

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I recently enabled and turned on 'enhanced features' in the stock messaging app on my note 5. However, since I've done that the messaging app crashes after about 30 seconds of using it. Turning enhanced features off seems to fix the problem, but it would be nice to be able to use the enhanced features without the app crashing.

Is this happening to anyone else? Any suggestions on how to fix it?

Thanks

Jiriho

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
For the note 5, If you go to your stock messages app > more > settings, the top option there should be 'enhanced messaging'. It's supposed to be a feature that gives you functionality similar to imessage on iPhone. Anyway, when I turn that on, messages app inevitably crashes. Turned off works fine.

Is this happening for anyone else?

Thanks

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
The Verizon model doesn't have that option. I assume it's due to Verizon preloading messages + which has enhanced messaging.

bbqwings2

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
What carrier are you on? I'm on att and I don't see the setting. I think Verizon has a custom messaging app, whereas att has the stock Samsung one.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jiriho

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
The setting is also supposed to provide other features like profile and file sharing up to 1gb with people from your contacts that I presume also have the enhanced features enabled.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
As pool_shark mentions, I also don't see this feature on my Verizon Note 5.

Sounds like the enhanced feature is not yet stable.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc