Why do my recipients get multiple/duplicate messages when I send MMS?

A

AC Question

I have a galaxy note 5, it is fairly new, I got it in November 2015. Recently my friends have complained that they receive 10+ messages from me in a row when I send MMS. Whether it'd be a picture or just a text in group messaging it happens. At first it was funny but now I'm scared to send any MMS. I find that I have to restart my phone as soon as I send something to prevent it from doing that. I don't see the messages on my end, it shows as sent and only once, but my friends send me screen shots and sure enough there it is. Like 15 of the same message in a row!! Funny thing is, it doesn't happen when I send an SMS. I haven't changed any settings nor am I in any places where the service is bad. I can't be the only one with this problem, how can I fix this issue? Please help!!!!

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi and Welcome to AC! Usually this is a carrier issue and Sprint, in my experience, being the biggest offender. I was with them for over 15 years and had countless complaints from friends about it. It seemed to be very random.

What carrier are you on?

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
The multiple text message problem has happened to me on various phones over the past five plus years. I usually have to call Verizon tech and have them issue a trouble ticket. Problem usually clears up, only to reappear another six months to a year later. Sometimes it can be many multiple texts. Other times, only a duplicate. Lately, it's been 'quiet'.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech