Samsung's new lockscreen app

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
The jury's out for me. Need more time with it. This new version certainly has more features/functions, but I am not sure I need them, or like the way they are designed. With just a few minutes of exposure to fuzting with it, there are a few things that are not as intuitive as before...

- The previous lockscreen/notification app had one-touch access to screen brightness - swipe down from the top, and you are ready to adjust. Maybe there's some way to configure this new app. As of now, there's more than one tap to do brightness. Not a biggie, but, not as efficient.

- I get how to modify the color of the background of the lockscreen - that color picker - but how does one chuck the awful blurred background and just go with something we'd prefer? Like an image that we are currently using for the background of the home screen. When I use the previous way to assign a lockscreen wallpaper (it still works!) I can go through the process just fine - a new wallpaper is chosen for the lockscreen and confirmed with a visual. Then, when I go out to check the lockscreen, it's that crappy blurry thing.
*Update: figured this out. I needed to "disable the lockscreen wallpaper". Sort of misleading, IMO, as I am disabling lockscreen wallpaper so that I can see my lockscreen wallpaper. :-\

- The lockscreen shortcut icons at the bottom of the lockscreen are too close to the fingerprint reader/home button. I end up launching apps when I am just trying to validate my fingerprint. Plus, it appears that you can't assign an icon to either side of the screen as before, as the second icon (even if you just choose to have two) must be within a nanometer of the home button. So, if I go with one icon, I am OK. Two is ng.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma