Note 5 vs Moto X Pure?

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I know, coming to a Note 5 forum I should be expecting a particular answer; but I'm at a cross-roads.

Compared to the Moto X Pure (32GB), is the Note 5 still holding its own?
I can get the Pure for ~ $330 but i'd be missing out on the Note 5's camera and S-Pen (and can get a Note 5 for ~$400)
Now, the S-Pen might be a gimmick to most people, but the Note's low-light camera ability is a pretty big deal.

So the question is this:
After purchasing the Note 5, do you have any regrets that would sway you towards the Moto X Pure?

Benefits of Pure: water resistance, front facing speakers, Moto Voice, SD Slot expansion, likely faster OS updates
Benefits of Note: Battery life (?), camera, S-Pen, multi-window

faith3935

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
I know, coming to a Note 5 forum I should be expecting a particular answer; but I'm at a cross-roads.

Compared to the Moto X Pure (32GB), is the Note 5 still holding its own?
I can get the Pure for ~ $330 but i'd be missing out on the Note 5's camera and S-Pen (and can get a Note 5 for ~$400)
Now, the S-Pen might be a gimmick to most people, but the Note's low-light camera ability is a pretty big deal.

So the question is this:
After purchasing the Note 5, do you have any regrets that would sway you towards the Moto X Pure?

Benefits of Pure: water resistance, front facing speakers, Moto Voice, SD Slot expansion, likely faster OS updates
Benefits of Note: Battery life (?), camera, S-Pen, multi-window

No, not really. I recently switched from using a Nexus 5X and I started to miss my Note5 after awhile. The screen quality and the S-Pen is the main reasons why I'm sticking with my Note5.

Posted via the Android Central App

jeremyds45

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Depending on your situation and how you want to deal with it, at this point in time I'd wait for the Note 6. But that's just my opinion

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm a fan of the Moto X line but I would choose the Note for the screen, camera and most of all the S-Pen. If you don't use the S-Pen then I would look at some other phones. It may not be something that everyone would use but it certainly isn't a gimmick. Good luck with your choice!

novice

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
The S pen is the deal breaker for me. I use it at least 10 times a day and often considerably more.

I've gotten into the habit of capturing content from apps and my browser and saving same in often used categories in Scrapbook. Once I got use to the routine it became invaluable in organizing my life as I went about my day.

And S Finder has saved my *** a number of times when I needed to retrieve info that I needed quickly or lost track of.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

nickdeck

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I'll be a Note user until somebody else comes out with something like the s-pen. Amazed that hasn't happened already.

novice

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
I assume Apple will have an S pen equivalent shortly for their large format phone. But I'm an android guy so won't affect me. My wife on the other hand...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech