Need a new (genuine) S-Pen - where can I buy the real deal?

gnGracie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Apparently the spring mechanism in my S-Pen broke or quit working. I discovered this when I went to use my S-Pen earlier this evening and found it stuck in the body (and it wasn't in backwards - I've never done that). I finally got the pen out by gently tapping my phone and bumping the pen out, at which time I discovered that the reason it became stuck in the first place was that the spring mechanism no longer worked. When I took the pen apart, there was no spring in there (I guess it came flying out and I never even saw it???), so I'm in need of a new S-Pen and want to know of a reputable place to purchase one. So many reviews on Amazon and ebay make it sound as if the pens sold as "genuine" are crappy knockoffs. :(

Has anyone here had to buy a replacement pen, and if so, can you recommend a reputable seller? At those prices, I don't want a cheap knockoff or piece of junk. :)

Also, my other thought is to try to find a replacement spring for the pen, but I have no clue what size the spring is or where to find one. Does anyone happen to have any good ideas or knowledge in that area?

LanceAllan

Mar 5, 2016
Visit site
Bought my last replacement from Verizon... Was like $35... I see Samsung has them on their website for 30.... Fwiw

Sent from my Adamantium™ S7 edge

wdfrancis58

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
I had the same thing happen. Took the phone and faulty s pen in to Sprint. They just replaced the s pen free of charge. The phone was still under warranty.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
If you have a Samsung Store or Service Center nearby that may be another option. Sounds like a defective pen, and as wdfrancis58 shared, maybe Samsung would replace it under warranty or free of charge given the pen is defective.

gnGracie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
** UPDATE ** Thank you all for your input. I wanted to post an update for others who are looking for a replacement pen. I checked all of my local stores (Verizon, Best Buy, the little cell kiosk in the mall), but none of them carry the S pens. I also checked Samsung's website, but they don't have the replacement pens on their website. I wound up doing what others recommended and bought mine on Amazon from a store called Mazel Wireless. I got the white one because it got such positive reviews (oddly enough, the black one got a lot more negative reviews). It was delivered quickly and appears to be genuine (it came in a Samsung box and actually feels a little more sturdy than my original S pen, which other people had made that same comment in the reviews).