Finally just picked up my Note 5 it's locked how do you unlock it?

stsullivan

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I just bought the Note 5 turned it on and found out it was locked the person that had it before me was on T-Mobile and didn't pay their bill so now I'm stuck with a phone that's locked is there any way to get it unlocked without me paying their bill? I guess that's what I get for trying to save a little money. Again thanks for all your help

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I just bought the Note 5 turned it on and found out it was locked the person that had it before me was on T-Mobile and didn't pay their bill so now I'm stuck with a phone that's locked is there any way to get it unlocked without me paying their bill? I guess that's what I get for trying to save a little money. Again thanks for all your help

Welcome to Android Central!

Unfortunately you are can not unlock it with out paying the bill. The IMEI will be blacklisted by T-Mobile and will not be able to be used on any carrier until that bill is paid for.

Rmbrown1964

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Sorry that happened to you. And I assume you can't get ahold of the person that sold it to you? Just for future reference ask for the IMEI and look it up before paying for it to see if it's clear.

Posted via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
As the others have said you cannot get it removed from the blaclist until it is paid off.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm the future, if you buy from a local individual, meet them at the carrier's store and have them run a check on the phone and account. If they give you the 'all clear', you're good to go. Verizon has done that with me once on my selling to another and I've had friends do the same when buying off of Craigslist. It's all about BUYER BEWARE!

Posted via the Android Central App