Phone on Mute, question on timer and alarm...

eugchen

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
my phone is almost always on mute....the timer and alarm have always rung fine in this fashion even when on mute. now i noticed that the timer doesnt ring...it is a count down and then at zero, it goes to -1, -2, -3 and etc. but the alarm does ring...what can i do to fix this?

dllrogers55

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Did you recently update to Marshmallow? There are different settings now within the "Do not Disturb" section. Check it out. You can silence everything, even alarms.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I tried an experiment by putting phone on Mute with Vibrate. Set a timer for five seconds, and the timer went off after five seconds - but with vibration and no sound. I have Marshmallow.

Created a test alarm with phone on Mute with Vibrate. Alarm went off with sound. My understanding is that Alarm's are allowed to play with sound as that is probably something we all want to hear, particularly when trying to wake up.

The negative numbers displaying on the screen are normal. My understanding about this and the alarm could be incorrect, though. Maybe others will add on with tests to see if the timer does provide sound when phone is on mute.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey