How to change Nova Launcher Prime folder colors?

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
So I just got the Nova Launcher Prime and I can't seem to find a way to change the folder color, it stays black. On my home screen I have a bunch of folders containing a apps. When looking at the home screen I can see the app thumbnails but the background is black. I realize I can change the background color once the folder is open but is there a way to change it when looking at all of the folders on the home screen? Is it based on the wallpaper I'm using? As advanced as Nova Launcher Prime is I'm surprised this isn't an easy thing to find. Here is a screen shot.
home-screen.jpg

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
mstrblueskys, thanks. I just thought of trying that since you can do a custom folder icon, I have photoshop I can easily make different color swatches... odd that you can't do it within Nova though. Thanks again!

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
beagle82 I did try that but you only notice the color change when you open the folder to see all the apps within it, you do not see the color change on the home screen like the screen grab I posted above.

TJA3500

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
Like this blue backround?
Install Nova beta. http://novalauncher.com/beta/
Go to Nova settings > Folders > Folder background > Custom. You can pick an image from your gallery or even use an icon as a background. For a solid color, download a solid background image from the web.

Attachments

• 1461711777617.jpg
    1461711777617.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

Brad Bilger

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Beats me. I'm running Nova prime and mine won't do that either. The folder icons stay black

Posted via the Android Central App

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Like this blue backround?
Install Nova beta. Nova Launcher Beta
Go to Nova settings > Folders > Folder background > Custom. You can pick an image from your gallery or even use an icon as a background. For a solid color, download a solid background image from the web.

TJA3500, yes like that. I made one with Photoshop and added it to my image gallery and then went into Nova Prime and selected the custom option and then selected the one I created. I guess I was just kind of surprised that it's not a setting within Nova Prime itself as there are so many other options in there. At least there is a work around.

beagle82

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
TJA3500, yes like that. I made one with Photoshop and added it to my image gallery and then went into Nova Prime and selected the custom option and then selected the one I created. I guess I was just kind of surprised that it's not a setting within Nova Prime itself as there are so many other options in there. At least there is a work around.
d825d02ce36fa8a43e55d8c07285a61d.jpg

Is this what you are trying to do. I made my two folders red. I did it all with the nova settings. But it is nova prime beta. Also, if you have the option for night mode, make sure that you untick the folders option or it will stay black.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160427/d825d02ce36fa8a43e55d8c07285a61d.jpg
Is this what you are trying to do. I made my two folders red. I did it all with the nova settings. But it is nova prime beta. Also, if you have the option for night mode, make sure that you untick the folders option or it will stay black.

beagle82, yes the red portion is what I was referring to. I'm not on the beta, just Prime from the app store. I don't see an option for the night mode in the folders area, must be the beta version only. Thanks for the follow up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital