Quickest way to clone my Note5 to another Note5?

JanShim

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
My Note5 has a developed a severe screen problem and while I am still able to (but barely) use the phone, I wanted to find out if there's a way to quickly clone my phone on to another Note5?

JanShim

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunately it's too late. Screen completely bled to death within 24 hours and I can't find a way to power it down. I don't want the battery to drain to zero if I can help it. Oops, that's too late too.

dennisharrison

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
Ouch. Hopefully you've previously connected a Google account, and had all the various syncing under accounts turned on. If so, you're in pretty good shape (aside from various password managers, some video game saves, images, and often, contents of internal storage. With most of those having some form of backup/restore as well). Whats a specific concern you have?

Posted via the Android Central App

JanShim

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
Ouch. Hopefully you've previously connected a Google account, and had all the various syncing under accounts turned on. If so, you're in pretty good shape (aside from various password managers, some video game saves, images, and often, contents of internal storage. With most of those having some form of backup/restore as well). Whats a specific concern you have?

Posted via the Android Central App

Yes and No. Yes to having "Back up my data" and "Automatic Restore" enabled but No, nothing was restored when I signed in on the working Note5. I have seen automatic restore work before but this time nothing. I waited about 15 minutes (maybe it needed longer time) and there was no restore activity so I went ahead and Package Disabler Pro the phone, imported my previous XML and cleaned up everything.

Does one need to have Google Drive account added to the phone and remain active before automatic backup and restore would then work, or is that not necessary?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781