Facebook App

ddickinson

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else having a problem with the Facebook app? It stops updating news feed. Tells me can't connect right now (all other apps still work on wi-fi and data). I learned on Google to uninstall updates, and log back in. I do that and it works for a while. Keeps wanting me to update app though. if I do it stops working. Next day it stops working again. I find that it updated when I told it even though I didn't want it to. Start the uninstall mess all over again. What a pain in the kisser. anyone have an Idea how to fix this?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You can try reinstaling it but to be honest the FB app is horrendous. The mobile site may work better.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I don't have that issue but I have mine set to " most recent" (although I have to re-select it about every 5th time I launch the app) and after I scroll down a bit I will get the blue button at the top that says something like new posts. If I click on that button the app will lock up. I have to close the app, open recent apps and kill it, give it a few minutes and then I can open the FB app again. The app has always been kind of buggy.

Mike_Luchia

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
I don't have that issue but I have mine set to " most recent" (although I have to re-select it about every 5th time I launch the app) and after I scroll down a bit I will get the blue button at the top that says something like new posts. If I click on that button the app will lock up. I have to close the app, open recent apps and kill it, give it a few minutes and then I can open the FB app again. The app has always been kind of buggy.

How do you get it to show Most Recent each time? I have to select Most Recent, it defaults to friends first.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
How do you get it to show Most Recent each time? I have to select Most Recent, it defaults to friends first.

Not sure. It will remember it for about 4-5 times of going into the app and when I launch it say the 6th time I notice it's not on most recent so I have to hit the arrow in the top left corner and select most recent. When I had my Note 4 I swear I had to go in and select most recent every time I went into the app. You'd think as far as technology has come the stupid app would be able to remember your selection.

Mike_Luchia

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Not sure. It will remember it for about 4-5 times of going into the app and when I launch it say the 6th time I notice it's not on most recent so I have to hit the arrow in the top left corner and select most recent. When I had my Note 4 I swear I had to go in and select most recent every time I went into the app. You'd think as far as technology has come the stupid app would be able to remember your selection.

Yeah I have to pick Most Recent every time. It's not technology that has failed, it's giving in to the will of Facebook where they know better than us as to what we should want to see first.

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if this is related....but I noticed after MM that I have to CLOSE other open apps after awhile or my FB feed does not update to the most recent items. If power saving is off.,,it is fine.

imarek3

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I found that the Facebook app sucked to much battery life. I uninstalled it and use the web. Now me and my phone are much happier.

Posted via the Android Central App