Samsung Pay Update - Fixed Now!!

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Apparently there is an update for Samsung Pay today for VZW customers. When I try to open the app, it spazzes out and goes into a recursive spaz loop, eventually throwing an error message asking if I want to submit a problem report.

Anyone else see this?

Last edited:

vm81

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: Samsung Pay Update - Broken!

Apparently there is an update for Samsung Pay today for VZW customers. When I try to open the app, it spazzes out and goes into a recursive spaz loop, eventually throwing an error message asking if I want to submit a problem report.

Anyone else see this?

Same thing is happening for me. Even tried to restart the phone, though didn't expect it to make any difference.

I think this update is for support for loyalty cards.

Posted via the Android Central App

vm81

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site

Same thing is happening for me. Even tried to restart the phone, though didn't expect it to make any difference.

I think this update is for support for loyalty cards.

The way i was able to update just now is by bringing up the card from the bottom of the screen rather than open the app.

When i pulled up the card, it pretty much ran through the steps for update.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site

The way i was able to update just now is by bringing up the card from the bottom of the screen rather than open the app.

When i pulled up the card, it pretty much ran through the steps for update.

I don't have that feature turned on. Will probably have to wait until they fix the issue.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site

Yup - fixed now.
It updated just fine for me this AM.

Thanks for everyone's input.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

I checked mine, once I swiped up t bring up Samsung Pay there was a new screen where I had to agree to terms. Once I clicked on agree it went to the payment and acted normal. Now I have the NFC icon in the top bar when I didn't have it before, can I turn this off and the Samsung Pay will still work with the old MST technology?

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site

Same here. Update required agreeing to TOS. Than all fine. Just paid for my coffee with it with no problems.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I had the update on my S7 Edge (T-Mobile) and I had to go in an accept the new terms but after that it worked fine.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

I got it on my Verizon Note 5 when it popped up upon my using Samsung Pay. I choose later as I was at a cashiers checking out at the time. When I got home I opened Samsung Pay and got the same notice. Selected install and followed the on screen directions. No issues everything works fine. The Loyalty cards function is nice and easy to add cards too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49