Samsung Galaxy Note 5 & Oculus Issue

mrobb3

May 21, 2016
Visit site
I'm having some major issues with the Oculus from Samsung. I received this as a promotional gift when my partner bought his Galaxy S7 Edge+. We just got this in the mail today (after 2 months). The issues are mainly with the phone and oculus connecting for the 3D experience.

The first time I plugged the Note 5 into the Samsung VR goggles, I was able to download the software for Oculus (store, plugins, etc.). After I unplugged the VR goggles like it instructed and let everything install, there seemed to be no error. When I went back to plug the phone into the goggles again, nothing happened. Every time the phone is plugged in, I either get a black screen or my home screen staying lit up.

I'd really like to know if anyone has had this problem before and how to solve it.

Mutlu D

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
hi! I just solved this problem by myself after spending half a day on internet :)

I think you just need to click/push and "lock" the usb socket BEFORE connecting note 5 to the socket/googles.

I guess you have changed the socket to make note 5 fit to the gear vr. If you don't lock you just see your phone's ordinary screen, 'coz connection has not been established.

I hope it'll work for you too!