What is the green envelope in contacts mean? [Samsung Note 5]

Glinx1

May 29, 2016
Visit site
Hello. I have a Samsung Note 5 on the Tmobile network. I noticed when I open certain contacts, next to the number it shows a phone icon, video icon, and envelope icon (messaging). Some contacts has a green envelope icon while others have an orange one. How can I change them all to orange? It seems the orange envelopes sends a message as text while green ones are sent as chat. The reason I ask is because I'm using Android Auto and every contact that has a green icon won't display the message notification on my car stereo while the orange envelope icons do. I had a few contacts that somehow changed from Orange to green and I've been going crazy on how to change it back. Can someone help me, please. Thank you.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm on T-mobile as well and I've noticed with my contacts if they are on T-mobile the video icon is solid green and the messaging icon is green as well. For other contacts that are not on T-mobile the video icon is simply an outline (not filled in) and the messaging icon is orange. So my guess is it's a network thing, I also noticed when I call contacts who are on T-mobile it will switch to HD calling were I haven't noticed it on non T-mobile contacts. You'll need to call T-mobile to see if there is a setting somewhere to ignore the carrier info.

vilvodka

Dec 20, 2016
Visit site
I have one contact on my Galaxy J7 that has a green envelope by their number in Contacts and they are not getting my text messages. Please tell me how to switch it back to a yellow envelope. Thank you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy