Galaxy Note 5 touch key lights do not illuminate at all no matter what! How can I get this working?

A

AC Question

Galaxy Note 5 touch key lights do not illuminate at all no matter what!

Note 5 64GB bought Jan 2016 overseas. Both touch key lights do not illuminate. Have done lots of google searches watching videos to turn power saving mode off, which mine were not on... orto go to the power saving menu which would have another menu offering a choice of lights to stay on from "always, 1 second, 6 seconds" etc.... That menu does not exist on my Note 5 anywhere. There is no way to activate these.

I even downloaded Galaxy Button Lights from Google Play Store and set the lights to remain on for 8 seconds.... still nothing. No touch key lights at all. I find it pretty hard to believe that BOTH light bulbs would have burned out simultaneously. Not impossible but highly improbable.

Starting to think there is no hope on this one as I've done everything that a google search as suggested and its either there is no such menu in my phone, or the suggestion doesn't work.

Wassup with this??? And please don't get cutesie about me buying it overseas. I could have bought it in Korea where they're made!! (I didn't but.... you get the point)

Thanks

Patrick

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Did you buy it brand new or used? If used, do you know if the previous owner rooted it?

Does it persist if you boot into Safe Mode? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-23216

Are any 3rd party screen-dimming apps installed (like Lux)? Screen dimming apps may also affect the button backlights.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Its also quite possible that you bought a fake N5 too. After trying what B. Diddy suggests, I would try a factory reset, to see if that resolves it.

dakini03

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I think you may be looking in the wrong settings for your key lights. At least here, they're not under power saving. Try following this guide:

Open the Display menu in the Device section of the Settings app
Tap on Touch key light duration. This setting adjusts whether the backlights for these buttons are enabled and for how long.
Pick from one of the four options: 1.5 seconds, 6 seconds, Always off, Always on.
The first two options will keep the touch key backlights lit for that amount of time whenever they are used.
Always off will keep the backlights from ever lighting, and Always on will keep the backlights on for as long as the device is awake.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87