What determines contact pictures

MK Redding

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I have a contact on my phone (this seems to happen to all but I'm using 1 as an example) and this contact has a picture. Sometimes when the contact calls I am presented with the large picture, Sometimes I'm presented with the small circle picture and sometimes I'm presented with the contact name as text. All three scenarios occur with the same contact and I can't seem to find a reason that this happens.

Any info on this would be appreciated.

Brad Bilger

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
On mine, AT&T lollipop, I can go to the contact, click edit, click on the camera image and with take a picture and use it, or select one from gallery.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 6527.jpg
    6527.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 84

speedfreek64

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I have a contact on my phone (this seems to happen to all but I'm using 1 as an example) and this contact has a picture. Sometimes when the contact calls I am presented with the large picture, Sometimes I'm presented with the small circle picture and sometimes I'm presented with the contact name as text. All three scenarios occur with the same contact and I can't seem to find a reason that this happens.

Any info on this would be appreciated.

I noticed this on my phone too. I recently solved the picture size by re-selecting the picture and saving it. Now my phone shows a large picture for the incoming call.

Posted via the Android Central App

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
It's a google contact with a big picture I just can't seem to figure out what causes it to display 3 different ways

I'm curious to the answer as well. I think it has something to do with this....

1. Does the contact have their OWN picture linked to their email account?
  2. Does the contact have their OWN picture linked to their Gmail/Google+ account?
  3. Do YOU have a pic saved to the contact?
  4. If the answer to #3 is "YES", then what size/resolution is that pic?

MK Redding

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I think I see where your going,

1. No (maybe a conflict with my pic and there pic)
2. No (maybe a conflict with my pic and there pic)
3. Yes
4. 1529 x 1529 (More than large enough to display in the large format)

I am quicker to believe that has to do with the mode the phone is in I just cant seem to replicate it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance