YouTube app causing constant restarts after June security patch

Jonbo298

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
As the title says, I'm having significant problems with the YouTube app on my Verizon Note 5 after the June security patch was applied. I'm currently on a trial with YouTube Red and when I try to download a video, the phone will restart within 30 seconds of resuming the download. This is a constant occurrence not seen until after that patch.

I've even tried letting phone stay locked after booting and it still restarts within 30 seconds of seeing the pop up that the download as resumed. Is anyone else having this problem?

Posted via the Android Central App

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I am not having your issue with YouTube on my Verizon Note 5 but I am not a Red subscriber. You may wish to reinstall the app and/or contact YouTube support about the issue.

Nexus71c

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
As the title says, I'm having significant problems with the YouTube app on my Verizon Note 5 after the June security patch was applied. I'm currently on a trial with YouTube Red and when I try to download a video, the phone will restart within 30 seconds of resuming the download. This is a constant occurrence not seen until after that patch.

I've even tried letting phone stay locked after booting and it still restarts within 30 seconds of seeing the pop up that the download as resumed. Is anyone else having this problem?

I've been getting this issue as well. However my downloads don't resume, thankfully, but everytime I download a video, my phone will restart. Really pisses me off. I have a Tmobile Galaxy S6 Edge running off of 6.0, since that's the newest update this phone gets of course

Adams01

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site

Same on my note4, which has been flawless for 2yrs. After installing ytmusic/Red, random phone crashes from YT app, ytMusic & even watching a yt video from Internet. Phone shuts down/starts/splash screen/shuts down again & repeats this cycle for up to 1.5hrs. Tried everything, then figured it was a hardware issue with the phone since it also did it in safemode.... which was virtually impossible to get to during this constant shutdown, splash screen, restart cycle. Even recovery reboot was hard to get to and when I did, it would still shut down and restart during the recovery boot initiation. So the phone went in as a warranty exchange. Only installed a few major apps that I use on the new phone & waited quite a few days in between apps to try to help verify if a third-party app, is indeed, the problem because nothing makes sense. After YouTube music / red, exact same thing and it's been a nightmare for the last three months including factory reset about 5 times I'm so pissed and my patience is really been pushed to the Limit to where the Samsung product is going to go after being a loyal customer for 10 years and especially this new Note 7 battery exploding issue and iPhone 7 is probably going to be my next choice. I now do not have YouTube apps installed on my phone and I've done a factory reset since it was removed. When I watch a YouTube video on the internet (ie. Repairs, don't really do movies) of a dishwasher or a short spoof, phone shuts down restarts to the splash screen, then shuts down again and still continues for up to an hour and a half. Removing the battery, trying to go into safe mode, and trying to enter recovery mode virtually impossible and doesn't do anything until the phone just shuts down and restarts about a hundred times and finally it I'll just kick in. If I'm lucky enough to get into recovery boot mode and I can wipe the cache a this still does not help. Not looking for answers or help on this just letting you know that there was definitely an issue between YouTube and Samsung phones and it really screws up the phone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12