Travelling to France with my Note 5...can it be done?

mcoomer

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,
I'm going to France for 3 weeks on business and while I have a company phone, I'd really like to take my Note 5 and use it for data (Instagram, nav, email, blah, blah, blah). It sounds like you can buy SIMs from convenience stores, newsstands, vending machines, and phone stores without too much trouble. Is it as simple as popping the SIM in and getting on with my day? Phone is a Verizon Note 5.

If you've travelled with yours or have some insight, I'd appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks,
Mike

flychinook

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Depending on your wireless carrier, you may have to request an international SIM unlock first, and possibly change some settings in your phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
If you have a contract with Verizon, it should already be unlocked, but you can call Verizon and they can tell you for sure. If it is unlocked, just bring a paperclip with you (you'll need it to open the SIM card slot) and, as you said, you can get a SIM card for voice, data or both.

There should be instructions with the SIM card as you may have to change a few settings, but wherever you get the SIM card, they should be able to set it up for you. My experience is that you're best to go to a carrier store (Orange, Vodafone, etc.), rather than using a Tabac. You can always purchase a "top-up" from a Tabac.

It's pretty cheap!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac