ATT MM Update Broke Charging

seventeenseconds

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I updated to MM on ATT two days ago and it completely broke charging. All of a sudden the phone won't charge wired or wireless while turned on. The only way I can get it to charge at all is to turn it off, then wireless will work. No wired charging either way. It's not a cable or charger issue, I've tried multiple cables and charges (OEM and other). I've cleaned the USB contacts. It's not a port issue either, because I generally charge wireless, so I haven't worn it out or abused it.

Can't be coincidence that I just upgraded and this started happening or some sort of hardware issue. I was down to 5% battery before I noticed after having put my phone on the wireless charger overnight which did nothing. Once it charges, I'm going to try clearing cache, then doing a factory reset if needed. The battery life has been pretty bad anyway, so I was waiting for MM to do a complete reset.

I take insanely good care of my phones, so I'm going to be really pissed off if a reset doesn't work and I have to get a refurb replacement phone from ATT.

seventeenseconds

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I believe that I've found the issue. It's a bug with disabling the charge notification sound which ATT finally gave us the option with MM. If I toggle it to default (on) charging starts to work again normally either wired or wireless. Turning it off and it bugs out again. It might charge for a minute or two then stop or not charge at all.

Wiping cache did nothing. Still will probably factory reset, but at least I can charge while it's powered on and with the OEM fast charger.

Posted via the Android Central App

dakini03

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I believe that I've found the issue. It's a bug with disabling the charge notification sound which ATT finally gave us the option with MM. If I toggle it to default (on) charging starts to work again normally either wired or wireless. Turning it off and it bugs out again. It might charge for a minute or two then stop or not charge at all.

Wiping cache did nothing. Still will probably factory reset, but at least I can charge while it's powered on and with the OEM fast charger.

Posted via the Android Central App

I'm not seeing that behavior. My charging sound was turned off by default and I've had no issues charging. Same with the sound turned on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz