Samsung Pay

vader4633

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Chili's takes $5 if the bill if you use Samsung Pay on a bill over $10.

Posted via the Android Central App with my Note 5

trusigma

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I Got a notification today. there's an offer if you use Samsung pay three times before August 1st then you get a $10 Amazon gift card. I don't know if this offer applies to everyone, but you might want to check the messages within the app

I received the gift not even aware of the offer...nice

Posted via the Android Central App

Kristina Nicole

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
When did you receive the $5 off? I did this last night and it didn't come off my bill automatically, the server thought it would not charge me at my bank account but it's still pending the full amount. Thanks in advance!

Chili's takes $5 if the bill if you use Samsung Pay on a bill over $10.

Posted via the Android Central App with my Note 5

Pre_n_BluHvn

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
The only problem I have is at stores that require the chip card to be inserted. When I try Pay it either say card read error or does nothing. Just tried it at a Home Depot this week and it would beep but not actually do anything. Anyone else having issues with chip cards and readers?

ded1945

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
As reported in one of the other threads, Home Depot is one of those places that doesn't play nice with Samsung Pay. At most of the stores I frequent, chip readers have posed no problems. Make sure your phone is by the slide spot, not the chip slot.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I hope it comes to Canada soon...

I know this is going to hurt but it does work in Canada if you have a US bank that allows their cards to be used outside the US. I use Samsung Pay in BC with no issues.
I really hope you guys get to use it soon. It is really fun to watch people's faces when it goes through right after they tell you phones don't work :cool:

JoshTy92

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
The only problem I have is at stores that require the chip card to be inserted. When I try Pay it either say card read error or does nothing. Just tried it at a Home Depot this week and it would beep but not actually do anything. Anyone else having issues with chip cards and readers?

Yes!!!! I always have that problem at kroger then I look stupid and the cashier is like we don't accept this. I'm like you would if my phone wojld work right.

ded1945

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Yes!!!! I always have that problem at kroger then I look stupid and the cashier is like we don't accept this. I'm like you would if my phone wojld work right.

I use my Samsung Pay at Kroger's Fry's stores in Arizona all the time with no error, and they have chip-enabled readers. I hold my phone right next to the swipe slot.

Perhaps it's the way you're holding the phone, or where, or moving it?

JoshTy92

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
I use my Samsung Pay at Kroger's Fry's stores in Arizona all the time with no error, and they have chip-enabled readers. I hold my phone right next to the swipe slot.

Perhaps it's the way you're holding the phone, or where, or moving it?

Yeah possibly not sure I'll try it again at self check out

cjsmoove

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I've also seen some wacky behavior if the terminal supports NFC. If I put the phone too close to both the NFC reader and the card swipe slot I've seen a message on the terminal that says "present only one card" or similar. I've seen it at multiple locations. I'm guessing it's because it tried to send the card data with both NFC and MST at the same time.

Just a guess. Otherwise in general it seems like NFC is faster overall. But both work great!

So how did you fix that problem?

vmmatty

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
So how did you fix that problem?

Now that I've used Samsung Pay a lot I generally try to pay with NFC instead of MST if both are available. It seems to go through faster, albeit only slightly.

I solved the problem initially by moving the phone as close to the swipe slot as possible. Usually the NFC reader is on a bigger flat portion and the swipe is on the side. I would put the phone on the side so it's far enough away from the NFC reader.

The only time I still have the problem is when the card reader is very small and supports NFC. Then there isn't room to go just by the swipe area. It still works but sometimes you have to do it twice.

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday I was on the phone in the auto repair shop. I wanted to buy a coke from the vending machine but didn't have any cash. Fortunately the coke machine had a credit card swipe. I switched my call to my Bluetooth headphones, connected to the complimentary wifi, fired up Samsung pay, and bought a coke without interrupting my call. #livinginthefuture

yarnsrj

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I was so bummed. I wanted to have my new toy work. I tried 2 cards , American Express and Citibank debit MC. Samsung Pay attempted the transaction because i heard a Beep and the debit one asked for my pin, but it would not complete the transaction. Both are "Chip Cards". So is it possible that the chip on the cards are what's not allowing the Samsung Pay to complete my transactions? Locations i tried are: Walmart, Dollar tree, and AMC movie theater kiosk.

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I was so bummed. I wanted to have my new toy work. I tried 2 cards , American Express and Citibank debit MC. Samsung Pay attempted the transaction because i heard a Beep and the debit one asked for my pin, but it would not complete the transaction. Both are "Chip Cards". So is it possible that the chip on the cards are what's not allowing the Samsung Pay to complete my transactions? Locations i tried are: Walmart, Dollar tree, and AMC movie theater kiosk.
My chip card (Chase debit) works without any issue. Even in the case of a debit card, I'd always recommend trying to complete the transaction as a credit transaction when using Samsung Pay. Debit work's sometimes, but it can be finicky.

James8561

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
If you have a chip card make sure you have a signature for it in Samsung pay otherwise it will not work. There's a field below the card for you you sign it

yarnsrj

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
If you have a chip card make sure you have a signature for it in Samsung pay otherwise it will not work. There's a field below the card for you you sign it

Signature on both cards in Samsung Pay. With the exception of the AMC kiosk, the other stores attempted the transactions before the cashier said they were declined. Question, am I to keep my finger on the scanner the entire time, or just long enough to unlock my card?

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the minority. I don't use a fingerprint. I type in a pin. I'm not a fan of fingerprint scanners. And I don't like the legal precedent around fingerprint scanners, but that's another thread.