Anyone seen this before?

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Verizon version...every time I download an app it ask me this. And I have had an app for quite some time called "All in One Gestures" now all of the sudden I can't revoke "Phone Administrator " permission in order to Uninstall the app. The only thing that has changed today is the July security patch was installed right before this stated happening

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 6014.jpg
    6014.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 102

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Do you have Facebook Messenger installed with Chat Heads active? If so, try force-stopping it and trying again. Not sure if that'll help, but I know that it helped when I couldn't figure out what to disable there when Pokemon Go wouldn't let me allow the game to access location.

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Do you have Facebook Messenger installed with Chat Heads active? If so, try force-stopping it and trying again. Not sure if that'll help, but I know that it helped when I couldn't figure out what to disable there when Pokemon Go wouldn't let me allow the game to access location.

I don't have messenger installed, but thanks for trying to help

Mike_Luchia

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
I get this when connected to SideSync. I have to disable SideSync in this menu, finish the install then turn SideSync back on to be able to use it again.

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I get this when connected to SideSync. I have to disable SideSync in this menu, finish the install then turn SideSync back on to be able to use it again.

Hmm..side sync isn't connected. Plus I can't even get to this menu unless downloading and app

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Application Manager click more in the top right. "Apps that can appear on top"

Now I can see that menu but the only apps that are checked off are pre installed apps. When I download something this pops up, but it doesn't tell what app to turn off! What screen overlay? Weird.

Attachments

• 6013.jpg
    6013.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 63

Mike_Luchia

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Now I can see that menu but the only apps that are checked off are pre installed apps. When I download something this pops up, but it doesn't tell what app to turn off! What screen overlay? Weird.

Turn them off and on again one at a time until it lets you install the app, then you will know which one is holding it up. That's what I did until I found SydeSync was causing the problem for me. I still have to do this anytime I'm connected to SideSync and install and app that has popups.

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Turn them off and on again one at a time until it lets you install the app, then you will know which one is holding it up. That's what I did until I found SydeSync was causing the problem for me. I still have to do this anytime I'm connected to SideSync and install and app that has popups.

Absolutely bizarre. I was trying to download AccuWeather when this popped up. I've downloaded that app before and never had this problem.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Try disabling (or force-stopping) anything that shows up over apps, like Facebook's chat heads, any chat-head-like notification app, floating buttons, 3rd party 'night mode' display modifiers, etc.

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Try disabling (or force-stopping) anything that shows up over apps, like Facebook's chat heads, any chat-head-like notification app, floating buttons, 3rd party 'night mode' display modifiers, etc.

This is what is selected

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-07-13-16-56-02.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-07-13-16-56-02.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 21

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'd try disabling Facebook and Game Mode first, but the Video app also can float a video window so maybe that's interfering as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21