Home button paint peel

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Anyone have the paint peeling off of your home button/fingerprint scanner? I have a strip down the middle of the button where the paint has chipped off. It doesn't seem to affect the scanner but I wonder if I will get dinged trading in for the Note 7.:confused:

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
My husband has had his since launch and he doesn't have any problems like that. That stinks. Are you planning to trade through your carrier or best buy or something like Gazelle?

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have the paint peeling off of your home button/fingerprint scanner? I have a strip down the middle of the button where the paint has chipped off. It doesn't seem to affect the scanner but I wonder if I will get dinged trading in for the Note 7.:confused:
Are you sure that's not the temporary peel-off button-cover that the phone comes with?

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I plan on trading it in when the Note 7 comes out through ATT. It is definitely the paint coming off unfortunately. I could probably get one sent to me through warranty but I hate refurbs. I have had terrible luck with them.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
My wife and I have had Verizon Note 5's since last fall, and the home button gets heavily used daily. So far have not experienced paint peeling. Sounds like your phone may have had a defective button paint coating.

If I get the Note 7, plan to keep the Note 5 as a backup phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech