Note 5 issue

aries426

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I just got a Verizon Note 5 and want to use it on T-Mobile. I read that I just put my sim in and change my APN to the fast.t-mobile settings which I did. But no signal, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings>Mobile Networks>Preferred Network Type (the actual menu hierarchy might vary a little) and see if it's set to CDMA. If so, change it to GSM/LTE.

aries426

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
The options I have are GLOBAL, LTE/CDMA and LTE/GSM/UMTS. If I selected either of the first 2 the Network Operator is greyed out. But when I select LTE/GSM/UMTS it allows me to select Network Operators, then I can choose Search Network or Select Automatically. If I choose Select Automatically it tries to search and after 1 minute or so it says Unable to Connect. When I choose Search Network and then hit Manual after 30 secs or so it gives me the choices of AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon Wireless. I hit T-Mobile and after about 30 secs of trying to Register a small menu pops up asking if I want to switch to GLOBAL for the Network Mode. If I hit Cancel it continues to search and after about 30 secs the menu pops up again. If I choose OK then it switches to GLOBAL and then says Unable to Connect.

gozirra

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Try these settings?

Name: T-Mobile
APN: fast.t-mobile.com (for LTE devices)
Proxy: <Not set>
Port: <Not set>
Username: <Not set> [T-Mobile states for the MT4G/Glacier to enter "None" (without quotes) for this and to NOT leave this as <Not set>]
Password: <Not set>
Server: <Not set>
MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
MMS proxy: <Not set>
MMS port: <Not set>
MMS protocol: WAP 2.0
MCC: 310
MNC: 260
Authentication type: <Not set>
APN type: default,supl,admin,dun,mms <-- Specified for MT4G otherwise --> <Not Set> OR Internet+MMS (depending on software version)

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
If the tips and information above doesn't work, could try going into a T-Mobile store and see if they can get you going.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca