iOS to Android video messages

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Howdy...

So I was a note 5 user for a couple of months and loved the device but ended up moving away from the company that provided me it for work. With that said, something that bothered me was when my wife would send me video of the kids, it always appeared extremely small and grainy. Unlike when sending from iOS to iOS device, they appear clear and full size.

Has this been improved on the note 5?

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Howdy...

So I was a note 5 user for a couple of months and loved the device but ended up moving away from the company that provided me it for work. With that said, something that bothered me was when my wife would send me video of the kids, it always appeared extremely small and grainy. Unlike when sending from iOS to iOS device, they appear clear and full size.

I am not sure this is a device issue, it sounds like a compression setting. It's really hard to say who is to blame. Setting, Provider, etc...

p51

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Howdy...

I believe Android phones typically use video compression when sending to another device.
I've had your experience with multiple Android devices.

Posted via Android Central App

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I tested this yesterday in a T-Mobile store. I sent a quick video I filmed in store with my wife's iPhone, sent it to one of their demo phones and it was again tiny, pixelated and overall reminiscent of video messages dating back to 2005.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
This will always be the case when using MMS for video.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

zCirca

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
Best option to send a higher quality video is using Google Drive/Photos to link the person a url in text to watch a video or using Facebook Messenger/similar works. iOS to iOS is high quality because the MMS uses Apple's iMessaging network to send the MMS rather than your carrier.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish