Android OS draining battery

ColoradoHiker

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
This is perplexing, as this is something that has just recently started on my Verizon Note 5.

The last few days I noticed that I had to recharge the battery multiple times per day. Last night I went to bed with 80% showing on the battery (after charging), woke up with 15% battery left. I had wifi and bluetooth turned off during that time. Android OS consumed 92% of the battery.

I recharged this morning, and in one hour the battery was done to almost 90%, with Android OS using 98% of the battery. No SOT during that hour.

The phone is up to date with all software. I have only added a Garmin activity tracker and Strava in the last month, but this battery activity just started.

Any ideas?

vm81

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
This is perplexing, as this is something that has just recently started on my Verizon Note 5.

The last few days I noticed that I had to recharge the battery multiple times per day. Last night I went to bed with 80% showing on the battery (after charging), woke up with 15% battery left. I had wifi and bluetooth turned off during that time. Android OS consumed 92% of the battery.

I recharged this morning, and in one hour the battery was done to almost 90%, with Android OS using 98% of the battery. No SOT during that hour.

The phone is up to date with all software. I have only added a Garmin activity tracker and Strava in the last month, but this battery activity just started.

Any ideas?

I have been having same issue for couple of weeks now. Significant battery weakness for same usage pattern.

Seems like its Android/Google stuff using lot more battery. No idea whats going on.

ColoradoHiker

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
After 3 hours, I am down to 57% battery. Android OS is 46%, voice calls at 21% (several long calls). I normally use the Fast wireless charger when power goes below 50%. I wouldn't say the battery is failing as much as Android OS is doing something.

Aggravating, this is.

ScottH323

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site

Any ideas?

So I have also came across this problem with my AT&The Note 5. I updated the Android System Web Viewpoint app on Tuesday through the Google Play Store as usual. Ever since that was updated, my battery is crappie, and phone seems to run hit just idling.

ColoradoHiker

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
Was looking for solutions yesterday, and also came to the same conclusion. So, last night I did a cache wipe, and also turned off wifi and bluetooth. This AM the battery was down 6%, so that is at least better than the last few days. While turning off wifi and Bluetooth somewhat confuses the identification of the issue, at least I stopped the drain that was taking the battery down into the low teens by AM.

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Mine has gotten worse lately too. Like crazy bad. I installed Accu Battery to try and monitor what is going on.

Posted via the Android Central App

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
ive been having the SAME issue.
I was in spain for 3 weeks, i blames it on roaming, phone is working harder. but i am back in the states and i've noticed i am having the same problems. before i would charge to 100 at around 6am and that will last me well into the night. But now. i charge it 100 at 6am, unplug it and leave it sitting there while i sleep till about 10am and my phone is at about 70% thats A HUGE depleat for something that is sitting there unused, screen off, vibration off. downloaded an app to see if maybe something is running in the background, but it says OS and screen draining the battery. my screen is off, and at home i keep the back light low.

I'm using sprint.

hmmmm all this battery drain and boom new phone launches... any conspiracy thoughts. haha jk

ColoradoHiker

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
hmmmm all this battery drain and boom new phone launches... any conspiracy thoughts. haha jk

That thought had crossed my mind!:confused:

Am on a business contract, so it is difficult for me to go to the Note 7 this year. If I can hold out until the Note 8, intend to do so. I do travel now with a battery pack, to give me that extra boost while in the field with no charger close by.

ScottH323

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site

Any ideas?

So media server is my #1 battery consumption now. Never seen before or have I heard media server. I do not stream or have much media on my phone to begin with. This all started about a week ago with my horrible battery life. This morning I unplugged my phone and drove to work (30 minute drive). I check my phone and it was already down 30%....wtf.

GRIMWALD

Jul 22, 2016
Visit site
Just for giggles, close out your recent apps. regularly, especially when retiring for the evening. Keeping a lot of apps. suspended in memory may be draining the battery.

GRIM

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
in my case it was the sd card which was draining the battery significantly. So formatted it and everything is fine.The problem was one of my files was corrupted and the phone kept on looking for media even when the phone was locked. in other words the phone never entered the deep sleep.but formatting and reinstalling the memory card solved the problem.

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
in my case it was the sd card which was draining the battery significantly. So formatted it and everything is fine.The problem was one of my files was corrupted and the phone kept on looking for media even when the phone was locked. in other words the phone never entered the deep sleep.but formatting and reinstalling the memory card solved the problem.

What sd card? Note5 doesn't have an SD slot

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I've been tracking with Accubattery and this is for 65 charging cycles. Interesting #s. 2.6% per hour when idle.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 1963.jpg
    1963.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 20

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae