I am starting to dislike my note 5 :(

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I have had my note 5 since mid February. It just seems to be getting worse with each update. Lately it's been very slow doing most things. I'm one of those people who uses Facebook a lot. I run some groups on there so I'm on it constantly. I switch back-and-forth between my note 5 and my iPad. I usually start out with the note 5 in the morning. I don't think it's Facebook as my iPad is fine but I'm always missing things on my note 5. Notifications are missing as well as newsfeed items. I would say oh well it's just Facebook but it's other things as well. And no I don't feel I need to do or reset...been there done that in the past with other phones and it's never made a difference. Resets just givie me lots of hassles putting my apps and folders back together. So is anyone else experiencing major changes to the note 5? Thanks

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
You lost me at Facebook.

Note 5 is a fine device & mines been fantastic since I got it in October.

Well then lol....i have a healthy eating group I run on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.,, I share pictures, recipes and healthy eating tips. Social media is the way to do most sharing...

FlyingsCool

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Why would that be your Note 5?
What shows up in Facebook is solely the responsibility of the Facebook App, the Note has nothing to do with your newsfeed, at least as far as I know. Facebook is notorious for controlling what your feed shows.

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Why would that be your Note 5?
What shows up in Facebook is solely the responsibility of the Facebook App, the Note has nothing to do with your newsfeed, at least as far as I know. Facebook is notorious for controlling what your feed shows.
And like I said it's not just on Facebook. And it should be showing the same thing on my iPad as on my note 5 wouldnt you think? But my note 5 shows me a lot less things side-by-side than my iPad. And the note 5 is lagging big-time taking forever to open up pages in a browser and just not as responsive. It seems to have gotten worse since the last security update from T-Mobile.... Though the no connection pop ups have been happening for a while.

Jay G63

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
I realize you've mentioned and more things besides Facebook but in comparing the 2 you have an apple designed app running against an android designed app. I would expect those things to be different.
As far as other things, i don't have t-mobile so i can't comment on that.
My only issue on sprint is signal bars going up and down like crazy and i know i get no where near the battery life others have reported because of this issue.

Soylent_Green

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Problem is facebook, I can load the app then close it then load it again and will see different content each time, it's just how the app is. Or I can have it open then refresh it and the content will totally change, posts will show up then disappear then reappear once gain randomly.

TV417

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
The problem is Facebook. My FB friends and I have been discussing it lately. Missed notifications, old messages popping up, some posts not posting or disappearing... on and on.
My Note 5 works fine everywhere else.

Posted via the Android Central App

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I have had my note 5 since mid February. It just seems to be getting worse with each update. Lately it's been very slow doing most things. I'm one of those people who uses Facebook a lot. I run some groups on there so I'm on it constantly. I switch back-and-forth between my note 5 and my iPad. I usually start out with the note 5 in the morning. I don't think it's Facebook as my iPad is fine but I'm always missing things on my note 5. Notifications are missing as well as newsfeed items. I would say oh well it's just Facebook but it's other things as well. And no I don't feel I need to do or reset...been there done that in the past with other phones and it's never made a difference. Resets just givie me lots of hassles putting my apps and folders back together. So is anyone else experiencing major changes to the note 5? Thanks
Have you used the smart clean and clear the browser windows at the bottom of the screen? That helps

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Have you used the smart clean and clear the browser windows at the bottom of the screen? That helps
Yes...I have used smart clean almost every day. I have 9gb storage left and my memory is fine. I delete unnecessary data often. Thanks for the idea though... Better than just saying it is FB where it is not as I said in my original post that there were issues else where. At least you offered a possible thing to help. :). Oh..and yes I also make sure to close browser windows.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Yes...I have used smart clean almost every day. I have 9gb storage left and my memory is fine. I delete unnecessary data often. Thanks for the idea though... Better than just saying it is FB where it is not as I said in my original post that there were issues else where. At least you offered a possible thing to help. :). Oh..and yes I also make sure to close browser windows.
Have you ever done a master reset on it? That can help get rid of any buggy issues that worked their way into the system

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Have you ever done a master reset on it? That can help get rid of any buggy issues that worked their way into the system

No,,,I don't plan on it either. I have done resets on multiple phones in the past and it never did anything to help. It only aggravated me having to re-add and re-organize my phone. I am hoping the issue resolves itself or maybe there will be an update that will help.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
The Note 5 has no control over your Facebook feed. It's entirely up to the app. A different FB app runs on your iPad, and even if they were the same, they may be programmed to feed different content depending on screen size. You might try opening Facebook in a browser and ask for the desktop rather than mobile page.

As for responsiveness, your phone's slowness is atypical for a Note 5. It could be the server, or your carrier, or some 3rd-party app, or a hardware flaw in your phone. But it's not inherent in the Note 5, so it should be fixable.

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, if one of these O/S updates is causing the lagging, and you cannot discover what's up, then a Factory Reset will be the only answer. But there are apps aplenty that can cause problems with some phones, so if the lag comes back after the Factory Reset its one of your apps. Pick a responsible virus scanner. CM Security seems to be intrusive, so I would not use that. Also, explore Samsung Smart Switch app ... it supports backing up your content to an SD card! (including Homescreens...plus literally everything else) Your phone will come back in all its splendor. Does your carrier have a backup solution? Verizon has their Verizon Cloud. T-Mobile solution? I am proficient at Factory Resets for my LG G3. My data is safe in Verizon Cloud, LG Backup for my Homescreens. I could do it daily, with minimal effort.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...Fsupport%2Fskp%2Ffaq%2F1066556&token=Z7u9gfKV

PS. I do not use Factory Reset in the Settings (under Backup & Reset). I use the alternate method. On Verizon, for the Note 5....Power Off, simultaneously press the Power Button+ Volume Up+ Home Button to bring up the system menu. Two things on that menu to be familiar with....Wipe Cache....Factory Reset.

Posted via the Android Central App

BBgeeqed04

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
Could try Package Disable Pro to find out if there's an app that is causing the issue. I don't have as much disabled as I used to when I was on Lollipop, but still have a few items disabled. XDA forums has a list of apps to disable. You don't have to follow the whole list. I sure didn't. Some are anti-Samsung software and go crazy. Just check the ones highlighted in pink first, then check the others.

Sadly, it's not free but it could help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC