Should I buy Note 5 now?

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I have an opportunity to buy an almost brand new 32gb blue note 5 from a friend for $300. Phone comes with Samsung wireless charger and 2 cases. Phone has been shut down and in box since beginning of 2016, so it was only used for couple of months.

I was a note user back on note 3 and for a short while on note 4 until I moved to Nexus for 6, 6p, and 5x. Have been on Nexus for about 2 years now and love pure android but I've been playing with Note 5 for few days (borrowed it) and I have to say, I'm pretty impressed with the speed and hardware. Samsung came a long way since i left in favor of nexus and spen is great.

Note 7 looks amazing, but $300 for almost new note 5 is a good deal i think and makes it hard to justify spending $900 on note 7. If I decide to make the move back to Sammy, should I buy Note 5 or consider note 7?

TwitchyPuppy

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I really think you should. It'll stay a pretty cool device for a long while!

Heck I even got a Note 4 for my business and I don't feel like it's outdated at all.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I really think you should. It'll stay a pretty cool device for a long while!

Heck I even got a Note 4 for my business and I don't feel like it's outdated at all.
I believe it will get updated to Nougat too, but that will be it on software front. Hardware will be good for at least 2 more years.
That being said, I will be looking to upgrade to note 8 next year if I buy this note 5 for $300 now. Cheap note 7 alternative to hold me up until then and I am really liking test driving it. Feels very premium and I'm pleasetly surprised how smooth and fast this is.

I have been on Google project fi for 6 months now. Going back to VZ is the ONLY thing that is holding me back from buying this thing. Dang I hate carrier's BS.

Gaston Garcia

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
I have an opportunity to buy an almost brand new 32gb blue note 5 from a friend for $300. Phone comes with Samsung wireless charger and 2 cases. Phone has been shut down and in box since beginning of 2016, so it was only used for couple of months.

I was a note user back on note 3 and for a short while on note 4 until I moved to Nexus for 6, 6p, and 5x. Have been on Nexus for about 2 years now and love pure android but I've been playing with Note 5 for few days (borrowed it) and I have to say, I'm pretty impressed with the speed and hardware. Samsung came a long way since i left in favor of nexus and spen is great.

Note 7 looks amazing, but $300 for almost new note 5 is a good deal i think and makes it hard to justify spending $900 on note 7. If I decide to make the move back to Sammy, should I buy Note 5 or consider note 7?
Of course

MousePad

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
300$ for a pristine N5 is a pretty sweet deal. The hardware is solid, software currently is also very good. I think there was some confirmation about Nougat coming around january or february, but don't take my word for it.

I personally would go for it. My daily driver is a N5 and could not be more satisfied. I'm considering the N7, but I think I'm gonna pass for this one and wait to see the N8.

Let us know what you decide.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
300$ for a pristine N5 is a pretty sweet deal. The hardware is solid, software currently is also very good. I think there was some confirmation about Nougat coming around january or february, but don't take my word for it.

I personally would go for it. My daily driver is a N5 and could not be more satisfied. I'm considering the N7, but I think I'm gonna pass for this one and wait to see the N8.

Let us know what you decide.
I really like note 5. Im very impressed. Only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger is leaving project fi and back to VZ. I really hate that.

My friend still letting me test away the note 5 until I make my final decision. It's now a matter of going back to VZ or stay with project fi.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463