24 hours with the Note 5, and already I have problems!

SoundofReason

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Ok I need some advice on what I should do, maybe someone else has had the same issue, idk.

So here it is. Got my note 5, started it up, it was almost dead at 1%, the guy in the store charged it up to 10% and then since they were about to close, pretty much booted me out the store. No biggie. I went to go eat and I did all the updates, going from Android 5.0 to Marshmellow.

And here is where the fun begins. Yesterday my phone would not access Youtube. It kept saying, "No Connection" I thought maybe it was a network issue, so I restarted it and it worked fine. Well 2 hours later, I got home and I was on wifi, Again, started up Youtube and I got "No Connection", I cleared out the cache and everything and it worked fine.

I was a little worried since I just got this phone, so I called Tmobile and they said that I was under Buyer's Remorse and I could return it. I asked if the re stocking fee applied and they said no since it was a technical issue. So she told me she was going to reset my data and to restart the phone and that she would call me tomorrow. Ok, so I did that and then this other message comes up, everytime Irestart my phone. Saying something about, "Not able to process my request at this time, please use network instead of wifi", so I turned off wifi, restarted it and it come up...3 times. So at this point, called tech, they told me the same thing about buyer's remorse and I said ok.

Well I wiped the phone or did a hard reset and now the problem seems to be gone. I am a little worried though because I still have time and I don't know if the phone will continue to do this or not and I shouldn't have all these problems with a phone.

However, all I have for entertainment is my phone and while a S7 is ok, its a small screen and I don't have money for a laptop right now. So what do you guys think? Has anyone had this issue before? Should I just let it go since its not doing it anymore? Or take it back while I still have time and get another one?

Btw, it always says when I restart it, "Auto update of time and date" Is it supposed to say that? I have had a Note 5 before and I don't remember that.

thebear

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Will they let you just swap out out for another new one? If so do that. If it is a hardware issue you won't have to worry about it anymore if you like the note 5 otherwise.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Ok I need some advice on what I should do, maybe someone else has had the same issue, idk.

So here it is. Got my note 5, started it up, it was almost dead at 1%, the guy in the store charged it up to 10% and then since they were about to close, pretty much booted me out the store. No biggie. I went to go eat and I did all the updates, going from Android 5.0 to Marshmellow.

And here is where the fun begins. Yesterday my phone would not access Youtube. It kept saying, "No Connection" I thought maybe it was a network issue, so I restarted it and it worked fine. Well 2 hours later, I got home and I was on wifi, Again, started up Youtube and I got "No Connection", I cleared out the cache and everything and it worked fine.

I was a little worried since I just got this phone, so I called Tmobile and they said that I was under Buyer's Remorse and I could return it. I asked if the re stocking fee applied and they said no since it was a technical issue. So she told me she was going to reset my data and to restart the phone and that she would call me tomorrow. Ok, so I did that and then this other message comes up, everytime Irestart my phone. Saying something about, "Not able to process my request at this time, please use network instead of wifi", so I turned off wifi, restarted it and it come up...3 times. So at this point, called tech, they told me the same thing about buyer's remorse and I said ok.

Well I wiped the phone or did a hard reset and now the problem seems to be gone. I am a little worried though because I still have time and I don't know if the phone will continue to do this or not and I shouldn't have all these problems with a phone.

However, all I have for entertainment is my phone and while a S7 is ok, its a small screen and I don't have money for a laptop right now. So what do you guys think? Has anyone had this issue before? Should I just let it go since its not doing it anymore? Or take it back while I still have time and get another one?

Btw, it always says when I restart it, "Auto update of time and date" Is it supposed to say that? I have had a Note 5 before and I don't remember that.
I would return it for another. The battery should not have been that low.

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm just curious if you did a factory reset right after doing the 5->6 update? That solves a lot of issues, and since you haven't had the phone for more than a couple days, you won't be losing out on anything. As a bonus, if you have to exchange it, you can be certain that it's a hardware issue, and not a software bug from any updates.

SoundofReason

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Yeah the only reason that I didn't was because the store was closing and I really needed a phone. But yeah, that was kinda messed up..most come in at least 60%

SoundofReason

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
It actually did..i was like ..why is the battery so low? And the guy told me that they did whatever and probably left it on after testing..i was like yeah but you don't just ship it like that, thats just irresponsible.

I did talk to Tmobile store and they told me that they would exchange it and waive the restocking fee, they only had 1 left, so im leaving from work and going straight over there to get it.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
It actually did..i was like ..why is the battery so low? And the guy told me that they did whatever and probably left it on after testing..i was like yeah but you don't just ship it like that, thats just irresponsible.

I did talk to Tmobile store and they told me that they would exchange it and waive the restocking fee, they only had 1 left, so im leaving from work and going straight over there to get it.
The truth.. He just told you BS.

Also when there is something wrong like this, there is no restocking fee when you are getting the same phone.

Good luck!

SoundofReason

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
The truth.. He just told you BS.

Also when there is something wrong like this, there is no restocking fee when you are getting the same phone.

Good luck!

Thanks, I am going to ask this, but I am pretty sure I know the answer. I originally wanted the Note 4 but I was told that the new update to Marshmellow was messing some of them up, is there any truth to this?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I am going to ask this, but I am pretty sure I know the answer. I originally wanted the Note 4 but I was told that the new update to Marshmellow was messing some of them up, is there any truth to this?
That is subjective. I always update immediately and I haven't had more than 2 minor issues with updating phones.

Personally I would stick with the Note 5 over the 4, in a heartbeat. There are others that swear they will never give up their Note 4.

I've had all Notes, waiting on my Note 7 and so far my Note 5 has been my favorite.

BuckyBadg

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site

Yes, it IS true and why I have a Note 5 today instead of my former Note 4.

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
If you have ANY reservations do a swap out.

But I'm a massive believer in the factory reset and do same regularly whether the phone needs it not. I also don't have any lag.

SoundofReason

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Well, I called the store and had everything squared away before I went.

Even with that, it still took me 2 hours to make the exchange. The manager was NOT happy and he couldn't even do the restocking fee and was having "computer problems" So i started watching the screen and magically he got it, go figure.

Then he switched off and let another associate handle me and then she started the phone and guess what? 1% batter life..I just said F it and took it. The girl started going through all the setup options and iwas like wait! I can do that, because I do my phone a little bit different. So far so go, I am updating now and I haven't run into any problems yet.

SoundofReason

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
there was but the only 64 gb that they had in was white

Yeah it was kinda annoying to be honest..im wiping it right now and hopefully that will take care of the problem. Its probably a security update that got hung up.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
The problem is the battery.

Do you have another phone? If so, I would send it to Samsung to get a new battery.

Also if you live near a Samsung walk in service center, you can take there and have the battery replaced while you wait.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair