AT&T Note 5 Software Update out today!!

ScottH323

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
AT&T Software Update out today!! 400MB+ update. Includes WiFi calling, advance messaging (status of messages), and September security update.

Last edited:

ScottH323

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
I did not have a battery issue before hand. I have been averaging 40 hours, 3-4 SOT hours per charge. I did with August update, but after factory reset, battery has been great

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Re: AT&T Note 5 Software Update out today!!

Hmm... How are you getting 40 hrs battery life? Nothing must be turned in and you must have it on ultra power saving mode. Lol

Last edited:

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
So did anyone else out there phone on the charger while this update was talking place? My phone got so hot that the bezel was hot to touch.

vincehny

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
So did anyone else out there phone on the charger while this update was talking place? My phone got so hot that the bezel was hot to touch.

My phone was plugged in during the update and my phone got warm but it was barely noticeable.

missy8787

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Somehow with this update it screwed up my stock messaging app it said I had 15 new messages when I only had 2 and now it's constantly saying I have an unread message from July and on the app it shows a 1 above it. I tried restarting my phone I wiped the cache still won't go away. Has anyone else had this happen with this update?

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Somehow with this update it screwed up my stock messaging app it said I had 15 new messages when I only had 2 and now it's constantly saying I have an unread message from July and on the app it shows a 1 above it. I tried restarting my phone I wiped the cache still won't go away. Has anyone else had this happen with this update?

No I downloaded this update and my stock messaging app is working just fine. I really like AT&T'S advanced messaging.

AT&T has been doing a great job keeping us updated with the latest security updates.

I also never had any issues with the battery life on the Note 5. I unplug it at 6am and it goes back on the charger around 11pm with around 35% left with moderate to heavy usage throughout the day. I never onced had to turn on power saving mode.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I don't know about anyone else but my phone is so much snappier then or was before, not to say it was snappy but you know.

con5150

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site

I'm having some trouble with MMS not downloading on received images , now that image just keeps flashing failed

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm on ATT and have the update but advanced messaging doesn't seem to work. My wife has the same issue. I've made sure it's turned on but still the same as it was before the update.

anon(9638631)

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
I am averaging 1.4 days with 4:33 SOT according to GSam Pro and have gone 48 hours with over 4 hours SOT numerous times in the past couple months. No battery saving modes ever touched, screen on 1/3 brightness, WiFi on when at home, Bluetooth paired with my Pebble watch 24/7.

So, it can be done if you know what you're doing.

Of course, there are other factors that come into play (ie: signal strength, brightness, social media applications pulling data all day long, etc.)