Extra Phone Numbers

Brickyluvsdoggies

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
Hey everyone can someone tell me what is going on? I look at my uncles contact and there's 2 numbers. I click edit to delete the number, but then there's only 1 number there. I delete the number add the new one and click save, go back to the contact and both numbers are there including the one that I wanted deleted. Please help. Thank you

vincehny

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I was going to respond and say this wasn't happening to me but I just noticed this behavior today when I tried calling my wife from the car. Not sure what's causing this but would like it resolved. Anyone have any ideas?

BuckyBadg

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Do you have multiple accounts set to sync contacts?

GRIM

I think you nailed it. They may have their contact info. through two sources, like gmail, and the phone itself (sim card). This what I discovered when a similar problem happened to me.

vincehny

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I think you nailed it. They may have their contact info. through two sources, like gmail, and the phone itself (sim card). This what I discovered when a similar problem happened to me.

After some investigating, I noticed that a few of my contacts are merged with other apps. In my case, WhatsApp was the culprit. I resolved the issue by going to each contact that had a duplicate number, clicking on More in the upper right corner, click Manage linked contacts, click on the minus sign on the source that you want to remove. When finished, your contact list will have duplicates which you will have to then delete the ones you don't need.

Only issue, I wish I could find a way to do this procedure globally instead of individually as I have close to 1000 contacts that I have to now check.

Last edited: