some thing wrong with my samsung note 5 battery

saif313

Oct 1, 2016
Visit site
Well my phone usually lasts almost a day but in the last 2 days something is freaky happening to the battery.
When I charged it it got to about 89% then it starts going down while its on the charge then I unplugged it and the phone gives a little heat and the battery drains very fast even without using it it lasts about 2 hours from 80 to 0 % without using it then I charged it again the same thing happened and the phone still gives heat but last night I charged it, it got to 100% and then I unplugged it this time it was FINE, Not draining, Not heating.
So does anyone know what's going on? It the battery, the charging microchip, is it a software issue?
Oh and also when that happened the phone was lagging a little and keeps disconnecting the facebook messenger and whatsApp

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Charge battery to 100%, let it run down to 30% then go into battery settings and you should see what's using the most battery. Once you find the rogue app, you can uninstall or block it. You may have turned some battery hungry function on inadvertently (GPS springs to mind here). If it's a system app, try cache partition wipe and reboot... Let us know how it went, so others can benefit from your experience... Happy days!

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Well my phone usually lasts almost a day but in the last 2 days something is freaky happening to the battery.
When I charged it it got to about 89% then it starts going down while its on the charge then I unplugged it and the phone gives a little heat and the battery drains very fast even without using it it lasts about 2 hours from 80 to 0 % without using it then I charged it again the same thing happened and the phone still gives heat but last night I charged it, it got to 100% and then I unplugged it this time it was FINE, Not draining, Not heating.
So does anyone know what's going on? It the battery, the charging microchip, is it a software issue?
Oh and also when that happened the phone was lagging a little and keeps disconnecting the facebook messenger and whatsApp
I had this problem. My Note 5 would drain suddenly for no real reason and wouldn't charge right (or at all) with my OEM charger. Eventually, I switched to a third party charger from Verizon. Things seemed fine for a few days then I went to the beach with my phone and it spent the next week or so overheating badly and getting about 1-2 hours of screen on time. I did a factory data reset and the phone has been normal ever since, although it still drains the battery in standby more than I'm ok with.

jmj227

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
My Note 5 did a very similar thing after the most recent Verizon wireless security update. It drained like crazy after the update was complete even though it was charging while updating. The next day, it was fine. Pretty weird.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney