Would you get a note 5 today?

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I couldn't go to the smaller screen.
The only thing with the smaller screen is carrying them.
Once you take them out of your pocket.
They are too small to look at or do anything with.

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I considered the S7 Active but could not go back to a smaller screen like that on top of the lack of an s-pen.

Cheers,
BR
RIP N7

ZDK

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
BestBuy has 10% off unlocked phones until October 19. They ended up matching B&H Photos and the phone cost was $450 before taxes. It was the SM-920G version and works flawlessly with TMobile. Please note that no WIFI calling or Samsung Pay is available with this version of the phone but for $270 less than what TMobile is advertising the phone for, i can certainly live without these features. I al also thinking of porting the Note 7 UX. The Phone has premium feel and wonderful to use. I have had iPhones since 2007 and do not miss their overpriced iCrap. I wish Sammy would provide note 5 owners with international versions a discount like the one proposed for the major carriers but $25 bill credit is better than nothing and at the end, the phone is $195 cheaper than what TMobile is charging their customers.

Peace Douda1968,

Question: to your knowledge, does the 'G' model support Tmobile's HSPA+ while yor on a call (since it doesnt support VoLTE)?

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
BestBuy has 10% off unlocked phones until October 19. They ended up matching B&H Photos and the phone cost was $450 before taxes. It was the SM-920G version and works flawlessly with TMobile. Please note that no WIFI calling or Samsung Pay is available with this version of the phone but for $270 less than what TMobile is advertising the phone for, i can certainly live without these features. I al also thinking of porting the Note 7 UX. The Phone has premium feel and wonderful to use. I have had iPhones since 2007 and do not miss their overpriced iCrap. I wish Sammy would provide note 5 owners with international versions a discount like the one proposed for the major carriers but $25 bill credit is better than nothing and at the end, the phone is $195 cheaper than what TMobile is charging their customers.

I bought a Unlocked Note 5 .
Went in and turned on Wifi calling.
And it put the wifi icon on the pull down screen.

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-27693

Fetid

Banned
Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
My gold Note 5 64GB is on order. I will continue using my Note 7 until then. Its going to be hard giving it up. :( Lets hope Samsung brings the Always On Display function to the Note 5 sometime soon.

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Verizon is back ordered until 12/21 on the 64gb!!! i cant believe how popular this phone is again.

It's a bummer that they are now somewhat hard to find, Likely because it's the closest to the N7 that can be found (Phablet with s-pen functionality)

Cheers,
BR
RIP N7

seangprice

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
It's not the N7 but it's still holds its own. I was lucky enough to find a 64gb locally in t-mobile. The AOD was nice but overall the N5 is still a competitive device.

TV417

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
I'm surprised. I hadn't needed to change tips or the spen itself throughout the yr and half I used it. It was never out of my hand. Maybe I have a light touch !

I use my phone heavily and my S-pen a lot because I have a home based business, so that may be why.

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Well, Guess there are two possibilities: a. There is a stockpile of existing devices available for sale. b. There is still limited production of this device for replacements and for Samsung or other retail outlets to sell them (Possible since it is still available via the Samsung website) perhaps they would produce additional units if the demand is there. If they would become available from the carriers again, who can say..

Cheers,
BT
RIP N7

Lefty724

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I went from the Note 5 to a iPhone 6s Plus then iphone SE lol.

Was rocking a iPhone for about 4 months while my Note 5 sat in a drawer. I decided to pop my sim back in the N5 as a goof and haven't looked back since. I absolutely love this phone. It does everything I want and more. I prefer the screen, keyboard, back button, calendar, widgets, etc...over ios any day of the week!

I was looking for a Note 7 to demo but they had all been recalled already, so no experience there. I had a couple of S7E's but didn't like the curved screen one bit.

So yes, I'd definitely buy a Note 5 today!