Note 5 is still $299 through Verizon (2 year contract) Leaving Note 7

bmitchell1876

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Title says it all:

I held onto my upgrade eligibility for over 8 months waiting for the Note 7 !! Almost broke down and bought the Note 5 on a couple of occasions but i held out.

Anyway i GOTTA HAVE a Note to replace my Note but I'm sooooo frustrated that it's $399 for the 64gb model.

There's no way in heck I'm paying $100 more for an older model, with no SD card support and No Waterproofing!

What do I do? I have unlimited data and really want to "lock in" a 2 year contract. Are any of you in the same situation? If so what are your doing?

I'm thinking of Ordering an Iphone 7 plus and selling it on Swappa. Right now they are selling for around $1000. Then i can outright buy a "mint" 64gb Note 5 for $400 and save the rest for the note 8.

Help with alternate solutions if anyone has any ideas please.

Thanks guys

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Title says it all:

I held onto my upgrade eligibility for over 8 months waiting for the Note 7 !! Almost broke down and bought the Note 5 on a couple of occasions but i held out.

Anyway i GOTTA HAVE a Note to replace my Note but I'm sooooo frustrated that it's $399 for the 64gb model.

There's no way in heck I'm paying $100 more for an older model, with no SD card support and No Waterproofing!

What do I do? I have unlimited data and really want to "lock in" a 2 year contract. Are any of you in the same situation? If so what are your doing?

I'm thinking of Ordering an Iphone 7 plus and selling it on Swappa. Right now they are selling for around $1000. Then i can outright buy a "mint" 64gb Note 5 for $400 and save the rest for the note 8.

Thanks guys

I can only do Notes. Probably gonna completely disassemble my Note Edge and replace the logic board. If that is a success I'm just gonna stay with my Edge.
😡

LailaAK

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Title says it all:

Thanks guys

that's a little pricey.... Best Buy was selling refurbished Verizon Note5(white) for $329 back on September 15. I bought one... as a spare to my current black Verizon Note5. The $329 was just too good to pass up. I received it 3 days later and it was in basically new condition. Looked like a customer return phone... even the accessories were never opened or used. The clear plastic that was on the screen looked like it was never lifted(or the person who returned it spent a few minutes putting it back on without a single bubble)

bmitchell1876

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
that's a little pricey.... Best Buy was selling refurbished Verizon Note5(white) for $329 back on September 15. I bought one... as a spare to my current black Verizon Note5. The $329 was just too good to pass up. I received it 3 days later and it was in basically new condition. )

It's that a 32 or 64gb model? I probably could offload all of my pictures to my sd card and do a 32gb model for a few months but Damn my Note 3 has 64gb built in if im not mistaken ! Wtf... This fiasco wouldn't be as bad for them if the note 5 was a viable option, but they really screwed up offering 32 measly gigabytes on a flagship phone!

They were trying to screw us big time with that high priced Apple memory bullcrap. Now they are gonna have double the lost customers that refuse to go to the overpriced Note 5 ... resell is already down to 350...

I'm soooo aggravated with Verizon unwilling to budge on the phone price. It's over a year old and still the same 2 year contract price ! Aarrrrrrggggghhh

Scott Currence

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I bought a mint 64gb note 5 off ebay for $350. No contract. However the note 5 is now the "new" note. Don't know if the used prices will hold.

LailaAK

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
I bought a mint 64gb note 5 off ebay for $350. No contract. However the note 5 is now the "new" note. Don't know if the used prices will hold.

while it's purely superstition, some Korean newspapers are saying that it's bad luck to skip a number (Note 5 to Note 7, skipping Note 6), Samsung has sure proven them right. :(

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I grabbed a Note 5 off of ebay too, got a 32GB for 299, 64 was 369 and I'll just clear out pictures if it starts filling up, I hope it's only for a year and Samsung gets the Note brand figured out. I just couldn't use my upgrade on the S7e, didn't like the feel. Guess I should have looked on Swappa and Gazelle for prices but I didn't think of them when I decided to get a Note 5 off contract.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I got 32 gig. It's a letdown but Verizon is out of 64 gig till middle of November. I am just happy to have a great phone. I will use the cloud. . I have a great phone in my hand and it will tie me over

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87